About Starke Ayres
Starke Ayres was formed through the merging of Chas Ayres’s Cape Town nursery and Charles Starke’s grain and produce business in 1920. It is a business specialising in the vegetable, flower and lawn seeds industry for over 130 years. Its secondary business includes retail as well as seeds, chemical products and soluble fertilizers supply to subsistence farmers and home gardeners. Currently, the company is South Africa’s largest independent vegetable seed company, supplying both the commercial and consumer businesses.
Starke Ayres’s head office is located in Johannesburg, South Africa. It also operates in various locations around the world that has the best possible locations, in terms of climate and growing conditions, in order to assure the highest quality levels. The first international branch was started in Namibia in 1998 and succeeding worldwide expansion occurred from sales in 55 countries on four continents. It has over 250 professional and experts who are committed to development, innovation and efficient customer service.
Starke Ayres Bursaries
Starke Ayres offers bursary opportunities for students who wish to pursue studies in Genetics, Plant Breeding, Plant Production, Soil Science or Plant Science. The bursary aims to provide achievers at tertiary levels various career development and growth, by offering financial assistance for their education.
The bursary covers the registration, tuition, books and residence fees and expenses for a maximum amount of R 37 500 every year. The bursary is renewable each year depending on bursary holder’s academic performance.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizens who are students or intending to study full time at a South African university in the fields of BSc- Genetics, Plant Breeding, Plant Production, Soil Science and Plant Science.
- Completed first year or current second-year students at a Tertiary Education Institution
- Proven financial need
- Self motivation
How to Apply and Application Details
- To apply, register your online profile at https://plennegy.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/13714 by clicking the “Apply” button
- Prepare and attach certified copies of the following documents:
- Most recent academic record
- South African Identity Document
Opening & Closing Date 31 December 2018
Address: Farm Haartebeesfontein, 9th Road, Bredell
Tel: 0860 782 753 (SA) | +27 11 748 3550 (International)
Email: [email protected]