About Digby Wells
Digby Wells (also known as Digby Wells Environmental) is a consulting firm with a focus on the environment and natural resources. It consults companies on how to develop products and solutions that are not detrimental to the environment. It has a wide range of consulting services ranging from compliance to renewable energy to social and heritage.
The company’s founders worked at the Environmental Management Department of Rand Mines and were concerned about the effects of mining on the environment and the African people. They then set up Digby Wells (named after Dr. Digby Wells, one of the founders) in 1995 to consult other companies operating in the country.
Digby Wells Bursary 2024
The consulting company has set up a trust, Digby Wells Environmental Education Trust, to offer financial assistance to students in need. The financial aid is delivered via bursaries. These are meant for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
For the upcoming academic session, here are the fields of study where the bursaries will be awarded:
- Environmental Sciences
- Community Development
- Research Psychology
The value of the bursary will be decided on a case-by-case basis. It will depend on tuition fees and textbook expenses. You will receive a textbook allowance and a laptop. Students are expected to pay for the rest of the expenses like traveling and accommodation.
Bursars will get the opportunity to get on-site exposure, paid vacation work, and practical training at one of the designated sites. Besides that, there’s also scope for mentorship from field experts and employment opportunities post completion of studies.
Eligibility Criteria For The Digby Wells Bursary
There are some criteria that you must fulfill when applying for Digby Wells Bursary. Since there are a limited number of bursaries, the company can’t award everyone. Therefore, you must satisfy all of the requirements or risk rejection.
The eligibility requirements for Digby Wells Bursary are:
- Must be a citizen of South African
- Must have completed Matriculation
- Must have scored at least 60% in English, Mathematics, and Physical Science in Matric
- Must have a strong academic track record and potential
- Must be either studying or willing to pursue a full-time BSc qualification in one of the fields of study mentioned above (undergraduate or postgraduate)
- Must be either studying or willing to study at a South African university that’s accredited and recognized
- Must be interested in joining the Environmental and Social Services Industry after completion of study
- Must be motivated and committed to their studies
Fulfilling all of the criteria doesn’t guarantee funding. Applicants belonging to a previously disadvantaged group will get preference over others.
How to Apply For The Digby Wells Bursary?
If you meet all of the eligibility criteria, consider applying for the Digby Wells Bursary. It’s a simple process that shouldn’t take more than half an hour to complete. However, be diligent throughout the steps to avoid making errors. Erroneous or incomplete submissions are rejected without further consideration.
To get started, download the Digby Wells Bursary Application Form and complete it. The form is a bit long and has six sections. It asks about your personal details, contact details, and academic performance. Provide accurate answers to each question.
The next step is to prepare and gather the following documents:
- ID document (certified copies only)
- Matric certificate. If not available, submit Matric final results (certified copies only)
- June/July academic results of 2023. If not studying currently, submit the latest results (certified copies only)
- Full academic results, if at tertiary level (certified copies)
- Proof of acceptance or provisional acceptance
- Recommendation letter (must not have obtained from a friend or a family member)
- Testimonial from an educator or education official (on the application form)
- An essay on your life (on the application form)
Scan all the records and save them in PDF format. Lastly, send the documents along with the application form to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org.’ For the subject line, insert ‘Digby Wells Bursary Application 2023.’
Closing Date Of The Digby Wells Bursary
The Digby Wells Bursary is currently open, and the last date to apply for it is 31 December 2023. Submissions made after this date will not be accepted.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For more details regarding the bursary programme, contact Digby Wells at:
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/