HWSETA, or Health and Welfare sector Education and Training Authority, is a skilled development authority in South Africa. The organization is responsible for developing the country’s health, veterinary and social development sectors.
HWSETA helps develop and implement sector skill plans, monitor education and training, plan skill development workshops, forge connections with relevant bodies and stakeholders, and promote employment for disabled individuals.
HWSETA is committed to providing top-quality services to its consumers. The organization works relentlessly to include and provide skilled workers in the health and social domain.
HWSETA Bursary Competition (Undergraduate) 2022 – 2023
The Health and Welfare sector Education and Training Authority is awarding bursaries to students for the upcoming academic year. The HWSETA undergraduate bursary competition is administered and organised by HWSETA and its related organisations.
HWSETA will provide two bursaries for undergraduate students in the fields of Health Science, Veterinary Science, and Social Development/ Social Science.
The bursary will cover accommodation expenses, books, meals, and tuition fees.
Before applying for the bursary, candidates must complete the following criteria.
- The candidate must be a South African citizen with a valid ID card/ ID book.
- The applicant must have completed Matric or must be pursuing the Matric examination. If currently in Matric, the candidate has to include Science and Mathematics as their subject. If the candidate has completed Matric, they must have achieved Matric exemption in Science and Mathematics.
- The applying candidate must be studying or intend to study in one of the degree courses mentioned by HWSETA from an accredited and recognised tertiary educational institution in South Africa.
- The candidate must achieve a minimum average mark of 75% in their previous examination.
- The applicant must meet the requirements set by HWSETA and should agree to the terms and conditions set by the bursary team.
- The candidate cannot be a staff member of HWSETA or from their related promotional partners and acquainted agencies.
- The applicant must not receive bursary funding from any other source
How To Apply?
To apply for HWSETA Bursary Competition (Undergraduate) 2022 – 2023, you must follow the following steps.
Apply online by filling out the online application form and ensure you pre-qualify and meet all the eligibility criteria led down by the HWSETA bursary team.
Then, you have to make a 30-60 second video about why you deserve the bursary. The video should be at most a one-minute time frame.
You need to publish the video on any of your social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter); tag @hwseta_sa, and use hashtags #HWCareerBursaries and #HWCareers. You can also post the video on any of the social media platforms of HWSETA. (Facebook: @HWSETA, Instagram: @hwseta_sa, or Twitter: @HWSETA_SA)
Candidates can apply only once, and upon submission of the video, applicants will receive an email confirming their entry.
The bursary team will initially select 5-10 finalists, from which two preliminary finalists will be selected and moved to the vetting round. Winners will be contacted through telephone and email. Upon passing the vetting and document screening rounds, candidates must attend an interview. After the interview, bursary recipients will be selected, and the chosen applicants will have to sign the contract. After that HWSETA will also announce the winner on their social handles. HWSETA will officially disclose the winners’ names to press releases as well.
Candidates selected for the vetting round will have to submit the following documents
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copies of the Matric certificate or copies of the latest examination result
- If pursuing undergraduate degree courses, then complete the academic record on the institute’s letterhead
- Proof of registration/application at the University, preferably on their official letterhead
The closing date for HWSETA Bursary Competition (Undergraduate) 2022 – 2023 is 30 November 2022 by 23:59.
To receive any information regarding the bursary, candidates can contact
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/