NRF-Nuffic Doctoral Scholarships South Africa

For the upcoming Academic Year, South Africa’s National Research Foundation (NRF), the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI), and the Netherland Organization for Internationalization in Education represented by Nuffic’s Netherlands Education Support Office in South Africa offer the NRF-Nuffic Doctoral Scholarships. The official call for these will be launched for funding in the upcoming year.

NRF-Nuffic Doctoral Scholarships

The scholarship aims to support doctoral candidates to pursue their studies in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) and Humanities and the Social Sciences including Priority Research Areas at the participating universities. The scholarships will give 80% support to students in the disciplines of STEM and the other 20% to Humanities and the Social Sciences.

Preference will go to applicants who plan to obtain a Doctoral degree in a vulnerable discipline like Mathematics, Nursing, or Statistics, in emerging research areas, or where there is a shortage of research infrastructure or suitably qualified supervisors in the country.


* RELATED BURSARIES *


NRF-Nuffic Doctoral Scholarships Requirements and Eligibility

To qualify for the scholarship, interested applicants must satisfy the following criteria:

  • Must be citizens of South Africa (priority) or permanent residents with a South African ID number
  • Must be 32 years old or younger on the 31st of December of the year they apply for the scholarship
  • Must intend to pursue Doctoral studies full-time in the upcoming Academic Year.
  • Must be a South African resident at the time of the funding approval
  • Must meet the academic requirement for Doctoral studies (at least 65% at the Masters level)

How to Apply and Application Details

Interested applicants must submit their applications on the NRF Online system at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za/.

Any incomplete or late applications will be rejected.

Closing Date

Currently closed for application. Please check back later for the updated opening and closing date of this bursary.

Contact Details

Address: NRF Building, South Gate, CSIR Complex, Meiring Naudé Road, Brummeria, Pretoria
Tel #: +27 (0)12 481 4000
Email: info@nrf.ac.za

Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/

Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *