About Old Mutual
Old Mutual located in Cape Town was founded in 1845. Today, it has grown to become one of the prominent pan-African financial services groups that offer valuable financial solutions to retail and corporate customers.
The Group operates across 14 countries within Africa and Asia, with the sole purpose to help companies and people invest their money smartly and get valuable returns. The company helps their clients achieve lifetime financial goals, and invest their money wisely to build a sustainable future for themselves as well as their families.
Old Mutual Actuarial Bursary 2024
Old Mutual strives to help young talent across South Africa to achieve great things in life. Highly qualified, well-trained students will build a successful future for communities and society altogether. Hence, Old Mutual offers Actuarial Bursary to young minds, anyone who is willing to pursue a career in Actuarial Science.
Old Mutual invites exceptional South African students to their Bursary Programme who are willing to study or already studying Actuarial Science.
The bursary offers strong support throughout the duration of your studies and promises a value-driven career at Old Mutual.
Old Mutual Actuarial Bursary covers:
- Full tuition fees
- Study materials, meals, books, and general allowance
- Accommodation fees
- Financial, emotional, and academic support during all years of your degree
- Personal mentoring by an expert actuary
- Students who achieve excellent grades will get more incentives
- Vacation work from the second year
- In-house rotation program that exposes you to professionals from diverse areas
- 1 return flight home for students away from their hometown
- Guaranteed employment after graduation
It also provides new opportunities for personal development and networking.
Students willing to apply for the Old Mutual Actuarial Bursary must abide by the following criteria:
- Must be a South African citizen
- The applicants must be below 21 years
- You must be studying or completed your Matric
- Must NOT have post-matric qualification
- Must have a minimum 80% in Maths (not Maths Literacy), 70% in all other subjects, 60% in English HL, or 70% in English FAL
- Must be committed to becoming an Actuary and working for Old Mutual post-graduation
- Must have applied for/already studying at one of the following Universities:
- Stellenbosch University
- North-West University
- University of Pretoria
- University of Cape Town
- University of the Witwatersrand
- University of the Free-State
- Strong mathematical skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Eagerness to learn
- Goal and result oriented
- Leadership qualities
- Creative mind, logical thinking
- Commitment and Self-motivation
- Good communication skills (spoken and written)
- Good decision-making and judgment skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Business awareness and interest
- Time management and organizational skills
How to Apply?
- The shortlisted applicants will get a link for completing their psychometric tests
- Selected candidates will be called for interviews on ‘Selection Day’
- If you pass the interview, you will get a provisional offer once Old Mutual gets your final matric results and proof of acceptance at either University listed above for Actuarial Science.
- If under 18 years of age, parental/guardian consent is a MUST
- Preference will be given to applicants from under-represented designated groups, including the disabled
- Preference will be given to previously underprivileged backgrounds or those with financial needs
Please submit the documents below along with your application.
- One-page CV (reference)
- Grade 10, 11, and 12 results
- If applicable, a matric Certificate
- ID Copy
- If applicable, a conditional acceptance letter/University acceptance
- If applicable, NBT Statement
- If you are a current University student, then Full Academic Transcript
- Head and Shoulders Photo
Incomplete documents or application forms will NOT be considered.
The closing date of the application is 31 July 2023 (23:59).
For any queries related to the Old Mutual Actuarial Bursary, contact:
Old Mutual Early Careers Team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/