About South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA)
Established in 1998, South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) is an agency of the Department of Transport and is a public enterprise.
SACAA aims to establish its authority as a premium world-class aviation regulator. This national organization is responsible for civil aviation and governs investigations pertaining to aviation and accidents. All safety and security pertaining to aviation are controlled by SACAA to support the sustainability of the aviation industry.
The organization values excellent services, teamwork, integrity, and collaboration. SACAA delivers services ahead of their customer’s expectations. With the help of a pragmatic and efficient team, the organization maintains high ethical standards and works together to create the dream team and achieve the set goals.
South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) Bursary 2023
SACAA is awarding bursaries for the upcoming 2023 academic year to students wishing to pursue degree courses in fields such as aircraft maintenance engineering, aeronautical engineering, or pilot training.
The South African Civil Aviation Authority will contact the successful candidates. If you do not receive any feedback on your application, then consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Candidates have to fulfill the following criteria before applying for the bursary
- The candidate must be a South African citizen, aged between 18 and 35 years of age.
- The applicant must have completed the Matric examination or currently pursuing Matric.
- The candidate should be pursuing or intend to pursue one of the fields mentioned i.e., aircraft maintenance engineering, aeronautical engineering, or pilot training.
- For Aircraft Maintenance Engineering, the applicant must obtain a minimum level 5 in English, Pure Mathematics, and Physical Science.
- For Aeronautical engineering students, the applicant must obtain a minimum level 5 in English, Pure Mathematics and Physical Science.
- For Pilot Training students, the applicant must obtain a minimum level 5 in English, Pure Mathematics, and Physical Science.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not/ are receiving any other bursaries, scholarships, or student loans.
How To Apply?
Please download and fill out the bursary application form to apply for the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) Bursary.
Applications can be either submitted through mail at BursaryApplications@caa.co.za
sent by post to:
South African Civil Aviation Authority
(Private Bag x73, Halfway House 1685).
You have to submit the following documents to complete the application. Note that all the documents are mandatory to qualify for the bursary programme.
- Certified copy of ID documents
- If currently studying for the Matric examination, then a certified copy of the latest results or if completed the examination, then a certified copy of the Matric certificate has to be submitted
- Latest academic results on the institution’s letterhead (if studying currently)
- Proof of other financial assistance (if applicable)
- A motivational letter supporting the application
The closing date for the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) Bursary is 4 November 2022. Failure to apply within the given deadline will result in the cancellation of the candidature.
For any queries related to the bursary programs, candidates can contact:
Human Resource Office
Tel: 011 545 1580/ 011 545 1468/ 011 545 1126
Email address: BursaryApplications@caa.co.za
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/