Formed by Yoshiomi Tamai after losing her mother in a car accident, Ashinaga has been extending emotional care and financial support to youth worldwide who have lost one or both of their parents. The Ashinaga Africa Initiative (AAI) was established in 2014. Since its inception, AAI has lent its support to more than 110,000 orphaned students. The company aims to provide financial assistance to deserving and meritorious students to pursue undergraduate degree studies in foreign universities.
Ashinaga Africa Initiative (AAI) Leadership Programme 2023
AAI is inviting students to participate in the Ashinaga Africa Initiative (AAI) Leadership Programme for the upcoming academic year. AAI provides scholarships to students for studying in foreign universities. The program mainly aims at students residing in Sub-Saharan African countries who have lost one or both parents. Shortlisted students must return to Sub-Saharan Africa to participate actively in development, change, and innovation.
Ashinaga will set up the Ashinaga Study Camp, which will decide the country of study for the student. The decision will be based on the academic results, language requirements, visa conditions, and study courses available in the country. The Leadership Programme will cover accommodation, travel, tuition, and other required expenses (including Preparation and Study Camp).
The program can be divided into three stages:
- Preparation and Study Camp: Shortlisted students will be required to attend a study camp in Senegal/ Uganda, where assistance will be provided to students to prepare them for studying abroad. University application (to Europe, Japan, the USA, and the United Kingdom), leadership development, and career planning are also included in the camp. The preparation camp will prepare the students for the various differences they will encounter while studying abroad, and after that, students can proceed to universities in 2024.
- During University: The program will provide complete financial assistance while studying abroad. The students must participate in internships (in their home country / Sub-Saharan Africa) and leadership development programs held by Ashinaga.
- After Graduation: The candidates have to return back to their home country / Sub-Saharan Africa and contribute to Africa for a minimum duration of a year.
The following eligibility criteria need to be met for the applicants to be considered eligible for the Leadership Programme
- The applicant must have been born after 1st September 2001 and lost one or both of their parents.
- The candidate can be a citizen of any of the following countries mentioned on the official website of Ashinaga.
- The applying candidate must have completed secondary school and should have received the results. It would be best if you were in the top 10 of your class
- The candidate must wish to study abroad to pursue their undergraduate degree
- The applicant must require financial assistance.
- The candidate must be fluent in French, English, and Portuguese should have no dependents as well as must be in good health.
- The applying candidate has to participate in the Preparation and Study Camp and have to return and work at their home country/ Sub-Saharan country
How To Apply?
Eligible students should move forward with the application process.
The first step is to create an account at Ashinaga online portal. That’s how it tracks the applications. So follow the link and register yourself as an applicant. If you already have an account with SurveyMonkey Apply, then you may log in.
Shortlisted candidates will receive application mail within a month of applying. If you do not receive any related mail, consider your application to be deemed unsuccessful
You have to submit the following documents while applying for the Leadership Programme
- Birth Certificate/ Passport/ ID card
- The final certificate of the high school examination
- Recent transcripts or high school term report
- Passport Photographs
- Complete term reports from the last two years
- Secondary school certificate
- Recommendation letter from principal or school teacher indicating character or performance of the student at secondary school (Email, contact number should be included stamped on official document)
- Extracurricular activities certificate
- Death Certificate of deceased parent/ parents
Click here to understand which documents must be submitted at which stage of the application.
For registration, the closing date is 20 January 2023 at 12:00 GMT, and for completion of the application, it is 5th February 2023.
It is essential to apply within the given date as otherwise, it can result in the rejection of the candidature.
To solve any queries related to the program, contact;
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/