Established in 1983, Chevening is the international scholarship program of the United Kingdom. Chevening aims to create a new generation of global leaders through the power of education and international scholarship programs. The program aims to support the foreign policies of the UK and establish lasting positive relationships with future leaders.
Since its inception, the scholarship program has come to the aid of several potential individuals across the globe. It is funded by partner organizations, Commonwealth, Foreign and Development Office.
Chevening Scholarship for Studies in the UK
Students are invited to apply for the Chevening Scholarship by the UK government in the upcoming 2023 academic year.
Selected candidates will receive a scholarship covering one year of Masters’ degree study in any field, at any university located in the United Kingdom. However, any student wishing to pursue an MBA program is required to search for additional financial sources as the cover costs are capped at £22 000.
Chevening aims to foster individuals who wish to focus on academic and professional goals while studying abroad. The organization wishes to provide a platform for passionate individuals who desire to create a positive impact in the world.
The candidates will be selected based on their exceptional academic qualifications.
The Chevening Scholarship will cover the expenses of arrival allowance, allowance for homeward departure, monthly stipend, tuition fees, travelling allowance to and from the UK, visa application costs, and grants for travel to attend events of Chevening in the UK.
Selected candidates will receive additional benefits like opportunities to create valuable relationships abroad, access to experiencing the culture of the UK, honing academic and professional skills, networking and the opportunity to study and live abroad for a year.
The applicant must return to South Africa for a minimum of two years after the scholarship has ended.
Candidates must fulfill the following criteria before applying for the scholarship
- Must be a South African citizen (students from other Chevening-eligible countries/ territories can apply as well)
- The candidate must not possess dual citizenship in the UK.
- The applicant should have completed Matric/ Grade 12 examination and undergraduate study
- The applying candidate must intend to pursue a full-time three-year Master degree course in the UK.
- The candidate must apply to three different Master’s courses. It can be three different courses at the same institution or three similar courses at three different universities in the UK. The selected courses should be full-time starting in the fall term i.e, from September/ October leading to Master Degree qualification. The candidate must not apply to a research-focused MRes program
- The applicant must receive an acceptance letter from at least one of the three applied university courses by 13th July 2023.
- The candidate must have a minimum of two years of work experience (Full-time employment/ Part-time employment/ Voluntary work/ Unpaid or Paid internships; completing at least 2800 hours of work)
How To Apply?
To apply for the Chevening Scholarship Program, click on the link here.
Candidates will have to apply separately for their desired course through the University that offers.
The applicants need to submit the following documents to complete the application:
- Certified copies of ID documents
- Certified copies of Matric certificate and full academic records
- 2 references from people in professional or academic connection with the applicant ( the references should cover their contact details, details on how long they have known the applicant, their last regular contact and a brief overall endorsement of the applicant)
- One unconditional UK university offer
The closing date for the Chevening scholarship program is [su_highlight background=”#DDFF99″ color=”#000000″ class=””]01 November 2022 at 12:00 GMT[/su_highlight].. Failure to apply within the given deadline will result in the cancellation of the candidature.
Candidates should visit the FAQ page of Chevening before submitting any query. If the candidate is still facing issues with the application, then contact
Contact page: https://www.chevening.org/about/contact-us/
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/