About Tsinghua University
Tsinghua University is one of the major research-focused public universities in China. It is ranked 26th in the best global universities rankings. The China Belt and Road Initiative programme is made available by the School of Public Policy & Management, Tsinghua University. It is funded by the International Cooperation Center (ICC) and Tanoto Foundation.
For South African students, it is managed by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
China Belt and Road Initiative (IMPA-BRI) programme 2022
The China Belt and Road Initiative (IMPA-BRI) programme is an opportunity for international students to come and study in China for one academic year. The study programme on offer is the International Masters of Public Administration at Tsinghua University.
The course is in line with the objectives of the Belt Road Initiative (BRI), which is to facilitate connectivity, improve trade, and improve diplomatic relations. It involves theory-based course studies, field research, and thesis writing and will impart knowledge on the following topics:
- Belt Road Initiative and its goals
- Public policy
- Leadership skills
The study programme will be delivered in English. After a period of one year, students will receive their Master’s certificates issued by the university.
The scholarship offers the following benefits:
- Coverage of full tuition fees and miscellaneous cost (up to R 29,000)
- Accommodation subsidy (for students studying in China) (up to R 7,200/student/month)
- Living allowance (per month)
- Medical insurance fee (for students studying in China) (R 1,900/student/month)
- Field trips and research fees (only for students studying in China)
Students are usually required to travel to China. However, because of the Coronavirus lockdown restrictions, students can participate in the programme from their home country. But students must be prepared to travel to and stay in China if the situation permits. Shortlisted candidates will get more information regarding this via email.
IMPA-BRI Eligibility Criteria
To be selected for the scholarship programme, applicants must fulfill the eligibility criteria. These are laid out by the School of Public Policy & Management, Tsinghua University, and DHET to select the best candidates from South Africa. Only those candidates will be selected who meet all of the criteria. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
The eligibility requirements for China Belt and Road Initiative (IMPA-BRI) scholarship programme 2022 are:
- A South African citizen (applicants from countries that are participants of BRI are also eligible)
- Have completed a Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent to Bachelor’s degree in China)
- Currently, hold the following positions at universities/colleges/academic institutions:
- Senior government official
- Senior enterprise manager
- Administrative head
- Senior managerial staff
- Have five years of full-time work experience at one of the positions
- Below the age of 45 at the time of applying
- Proficient in English
- Have the ability to conduct and complete the course online
- Willing to travel and stay in China in the latter stages as directed by Tsinghua University
This is a merit-based scholarship programme, and applicants with better track records will get priority over others.
How to Apply?
If you’re interested in the scholarship programme, consider applying for it. You need to go through an online process to submit your application. Follow the instructions properly to avoid rejection.
To get started, you need to complete an online application form. If applying for the first time, you need to sign up using your email address. Provide all the necessary details and complete your profile. Make sure to provide the updated contact details and qualification information. Incorrect submissions will lead to the rejection of your application.
Next, you need to submit the following documents:
- Valid passport (certified copies)
- Bachelor’s degree certificate (certified copies)
- Academic transcript (certified copies)
- Personal statement indicating your academic and work background, your primary motivation for applying for the Masters programme, your strength and accomplishment, career goals, and your expectations
- Certificate of English proficiency
- A medical certificate identifying that you have no infectious disease and have taken the necessary vaccinations (issued no before that one month of your application)
Review your application one last time and submit it.
The last date of application is 5 March 2022. Late submissions will not be considered.
For more details regarding the scholarship programme, contact the Graduate Admission Office of Tsinghua University at:
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on March 13, 2022)