Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is now inviting applications from candidates seeking Government of Brunei Darussalam scholarship under Scholarship Award Scheme for the academic year 2022-2023.
Viable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship programme offers candidates a potential opportunity to undergo full-time, on-campus Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at one of the following Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Brunei Darussalam:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD)
- Kolej Universiti Perguruan Ugama Seri Begawan (KUPU SB)
- University Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA)
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB)
- Politeknik Brunei (PB)
The academic session will commence in July/August 2022.
Diploma, Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree
The scholarship awardee will be able to avail of the following benefits:
- Prior to the commencement of a course, the candidate will get an economy class air ticket from the scholarship awardee’s country of origin/country of domicile to Brunei Darussalam.
- Upon completion of a course, the candidate will get an economy class air ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship awardee’s country of origin/country of domicile.
- Exemption from paying tuition fees including registration, acceptance, examination and orientation fees throughout the duration of the scholarship.
- Monthly personal allowance worth BND$500.00
- Monthly meals allowance worth BND$150.00
- Annual book allowance worth BND$600.00
- Accommodation at the residential college of the Polytechnic/University
- Upon completion of a course, baggage allowance for shipment of scholarship awardee’s personal belongings to their country of origin/country of domicile at a maximum amount of:
- BND$200.00 for shipment to a country within the ASEAN region or BND$500.00 for shipment to a country outside the ASEAN region
- Medical insurance throughout the duration of the scholarship.
Note: Scholarship awardees need to make provision for all other expenses NOT covered here.
Prerequisites for the Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Programme
- The scholarship will NOT be held concurrently with other scholarships, loans, fellowships or grants without the prior approval of the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs. The awarded scholarship may be revoked or terminated right away in case the scholarship awardee is found to be holding another scholarship, loan, grant or fellowship without any prior written approval from the Ministry.
- The scholarship awardee is encouraged to NOT bring any family members for the scholarship duration. The scholarship DOES NOT cover marriage or child allowance and NO accommodation will be provided to any family members.
- The scholarship awardee should NOT opt for any paid employment or serve as the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam throughout the scholarship duration.
For additional information regarding entry requirements and programmes, please refer to the following websites:
- Applications are accepted from, but not limited to, the citizens of ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations), Commonwealth and OIC (Organisation of Islamic Cooperation) member countries.
- The age of the applicants must be between 18-25 for Diploma and Undergraduate programmes. Candidates must not exceed the age of 35 for the Postgraduate Master’s Degree programme by 31st July 2022.
- The scholarship programme is NOT open for Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- Applicants must apply for a security clearance certificate at their own cost from their National Security Agencies or Police Station to certify that there are no criminal or civil charges against them.
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants must have a strong academic record and must be in good health.
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates need to download and complete the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship application form and email to: email@example.com
NOTE: Maximum size for email and attachment files is 10MB.
All application forms and required documents must be submitted in PDF/Word Document/ JPG format (compressed (.zip) folder).
Applicants who also want to apply to Universiti Brunei Darussalam must submit an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/.
The last date of application is 15 February 2022 before 1600 hours (Brunei time).
- Incomplete applications forms will NOT be considered
- Candidates may have to appear for an interview at locations determined by the institutions offering the programmes.
- Candidates may be required to appear for a written examination to assess proficiency in the Malay/English/Arabic Language (where applicable).
All enquiries are to be directed at Email: queriesBDGS2022@mfa.gov.bn
If the scholarship/bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other scholarships/bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on February 7, 2022)