About the Republic of Turkey
Turkey, officially known as the Republic of Turkey, is a transcontinental country located in Western Asia. It is classified as a newly industrialized country with an upper-middle-class standard of living.
The government of Turkey is running a scholarship programme for international students. It aims to build future leaders who’d strengthen cooperation and mutual understanding between Turkey and other countries.
The scholarship programme also exposes international students to the culture and tradition of Turkey. It is fully funded by the Turkish government and open to students of all eligible countries.
Republic of Turkey Scholarship 2022
The Republic of Turkey offers scholarships to a certain number of international students each year. Known as the Türkiye Scholarship, it invites students from countries, including South Africa, to study at top Turkish universities.
For the academic session 2022-23, the scholarship programme is open to both undergraduate and postgraduate students. They can be studying at the bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral level. The programme covers a wide range of fields of study, excluding the health department.
Here are the benefits that this programme offers:
- Full coverage for tuition fees
- Charge-free accommodation for all students arriving from outside the country
- Coverage of travel expenses by the Turkish government (two free flight tickets, one for entry and exit each)
- Health insurance with access to all health services
- Free Turkish language training for one year to get familiar with the language and easily interact with the locals
- University and department placements after the completion of the study programme
- Monthly stipend of 1000 TL (R 1300) for undergrad students, 1400 TL (R 1550) for Masters students, and 1800 TL (R 2030) for students pursuing a PhD qualification
Students pursuing certain qualifications may receive more benefits. Like PhD students may get funding for their research projects. Shortlisted candidates will get more details regarding the value and scope of the scholarship programme.
Eligibility Criteria For The Republic of Turkey Scholarship
To be selected for the scholarship funding, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria. These are defined by the Turkish government and DHET (Department of Higher Education and Training) for students from South Africa. All applicants must fulfill all of the criteria. Failing to do so will lead to rejection.
The eligibility requirements for Türkiye Scholarship 2022 are:
- Have graduated or will be graduating before August 2022
- Undergrad students must have scored at least 70%, while grad students must have scored a minimum of 75%. Students of health sciences (Dentistry, Pharmacy, Medicine) must have scored 90%
- Must be within the following age limits:
- 21 years old for undergrad programmes
- 30 years old for Master’s programmes
- 35 years old for PhD programmes
- 45 years old for Research scholarships
- Must be interested in Turkish culture and language
- Must have a pleasing personality and strong communication skills
- Must fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements of the study programme they wish to pursue
Students already enrolled at any university in Turkey are not eligible if applying for an equivalent level of education.
How to Apply For The Republic of Turkey Scholarship?
If you’re interested in the Türkiye Scholarship programme and want to study in Turkey, consider applying for it. You need to go through a short application process and submit your candidature. While it’s short, you must avoid making errors and follow the guidelines.
To get started, you must complete the Türkiye Scholarship online application.
Click on the Register button to create an account. If you already have an account, login instead. Provide all the necessary details asked in the application form. Make sure to provide the updated contact details and academic information.
Next, you’d have to submit the following documents:
- Valid ID card / valid passport
- Recent photo
- Certificates and transcripts of all qualification
- Copy of international exam scores, if required (GRE, GMAT)
- Language test scores of TOEFL, DEFL, if required
- Research proposal and a document of your written work (PhD students only)
Scan the documents and save them in PDF format. Upload them to the portal, review them one last time, and submit your application. You should get a notification soon.
Shortlisted candidates will have to attend an interview before final selection.
Closing Date Of The Republic of Turkey Scholarship
The last date of application is 20 February 2022. Submission made after this date will not be considered.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For more details regarding the scholarship programme, contact DHET at email@example.com.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on February 15, 2022)