About The Bartlett
The Bartlett is a long-established faculty and is associated with the University College London. It is a multidisciplinary faculty that offers a wide range of research and study opportunities. They focus on providing education to everyone and diversifying the student body by providing scholarships for different study levels and to students from different communities.
Bartlett Promise Sub-Saharan Africa Master’s Scholarship
Bartlett is offering scholarships for students pursuing Master’s and who belong to Sub-Saharan African countries. The award is redeemed at University College London, UK. It is highly beneficial to students who are from a weak financial background but possess great academic potential.
The scholarship will cover:
- Full tuition fees
- Living costs
- Expenses related to studies
- Visa costs
- Flight costs (to/from the UK)
- Application fee costs
- Cost of health tests
- Cost of English language assessment
- Career and academic support
Eligibility Criteria For The Scholarship
Since the scholarship can be given to a limited number of students, the following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled before the candidate applies for the scholarship:
- The candidate must not hold either British or dual British citizenship.
- The candidate must be a citizen of one of the countries from the list approved by The Bartlett. The list is mentioned further in the article.
- The candidate must have an offer to pursue a master’s in one of the Bartlett schools. The offer must be received by 18th April 2022.
- The candidate must be in financial distress after assessment by UCL.
- The candidate must meet any of the following criteria as well:
- First-generation to attend university in the family at an undergraduate level.
- First-generation to attend university in the family at a postgraduate level.
- A forced migrant.
- The countries recognized by The Bartlett are Liberia, Mozambique, Djibouti, Burkina Faso, Gambia, Benin, Ethiopia, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Mauritania, Botswana, Equatorial Guinea, Tanzania, Rwanda, Comoros, Mali, Sierra Leone, Namibia, Eswatini, Senegal, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Guinea-Bissau, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Eritrea, South Africa, Burundi, Angola, Niger, Somalia, Sudan, Côte D’Ivoire, Uganda, Madagascar, Gabon, Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Guinea, Ghana, Malawi, Togo, South Sudan, and Kenya.
Applicants need to provide the following mandatory documents along with their application form:
- An English transcript of your Bachelor’s degree.
- A proof of your English ability if you are not from an English-speaking country.
- Two references are needed. An academic reference from a professor or teacher. If you have some professional experience, then the second reference can be a professional one, else academic reference only.
- Personal statement elucidating your skills and describing your enthusiasm towards the respective field. (maximum 200 words)
How to Apply For The Scholarship?
Applicants who have received an offer letter from any school in The Bartlett can apply for the scholarship. You need to complete the online application form.
- Make sure that all the information is accurate, or else your form will not be considered.
- A justification for applying to the BP scholarship (maximum of 100 words).
- A brief account of the challenges faced during academic progress (maximum of 100 words).
- A brief account of the work experience in the respective field (maximum of 100 words).
- A summary of your goals and how they will be beneficial to your country. Also, the relationship between the course taken and the goals (maximum of 200 words).
Make sure you write within the word limit and do not exceed it or else your application will be rejected.
Closing Date Of The Scholarship
The forms are available from 1st March to 18th April 2022. Candidates must complete the application process by 18 April 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will have to engage in an interview with one member from The Bartlett team and a representative from Windsor Fellowship. They can use this opportunity to strengthen their application using points other than academic achievements. It will be scheduled between 25th April to 6th May.
If you are selected for the scholarship, you will be notified by 27th May.
If any candidate has any query about the scholarship, they can send it via email at Bartlett.email@example.com
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/