About The Republic of Serbia
Located in the Balkans, the Republic of Sebia is is a country in Southeast Europe. Serbia is a middle-income landlocked country undergoing rapid economic growth.
“Word in Serbia” is a scholarship program run by the Government of Serbia. It provides scholarships to students from non-aligned movements so they can complete their studies in Serbia. There are 120 nations that belong to the Non-Aligned Movement, who are neither aligned with nor opposed to any power bloc. The Movement includes both South Africa and Serbia. South African candidates are nominated by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
The World in Serbia Scholarship 2022
A scholarship programme is being offered by the Serbian government to students from nations in the Non-Alignment Movement. This scholarship aims to introduce international students to Serbia’s culture and experience it. The students in the preparatory year have the opportunity to study Serbian in greater depth.
Scholarships are available for Doctoral, Master’s and Bachelor’s programmes for citizens of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) countries, including South Africa.
Note: The language of instruction will be Serbian at all levels.
Fields of Study
Students can choose from a wide variety of study areas. You can view a list of participating Serbian institutions here.
For more information on the degree programs offered, eligibility requirements, and admission requirements at the universities of choice, applicants are encouraged to visit their website.
The World in Serbia scholarship 2022 will cover the following:
- Preparatory course in Serbian language (online Serbian course and intensive Serbian language course after arriving in the Republic of Serbia)
- Tuition at specialist vocational education, basic vocational or academic studies, specialist vocational education, doctorate studies or master’s academic studies
- A stipend of 15.000,00 Serbian dinars (approx. R2 240) per month
- Food and accommodation expenses of the student
- Health insurance coverage
- Visa for residence
- Secondary and higher education verification for free.
Note: The scholarships do not cover travel expenses to and from Serbia, public transportation expenses in the city, or textbooks and work materials. Scholarship holders are advised to have some money for covering non-scholarship expenses, in accordance with their own needs.
Eligibility Criteria For The Scholarship
The interested students must satisfy the below-mentioned requirements to be eligible for The World in Serbia scholarship 2022:
- Applicants must be citizens of NAM members or observers state
- The South African government must have nominated the candidate via the Department of Higher Education and Training
- To qualify for Bachelor’s academic or vocational studies, you must be under 21 years old
- The student must be under the age of 25 for specialist vocational studies of first degree studies and second-degree studies (specialist academic studies, Master’s degree vocational or academic studies)
- To be eligible for third-degree studies (Doctorate academic studies), students must be under 35 years of age
- Must be proficient in English or Serbian
Academic requirements for the application include:
- To apply for basic vocational or academic studies, the applicants must have completed four years of secondary education
- If you are applying to a master’s academic studies:
- A total of 60 ECTS points – You must possess a basic academic studies diploma with a scope of 240 ECTS from an accredited higher education institution
- A total of 120 ECTS points – You must have completed an academic diploma with a scope of at least 180 ECTS points from an accredited higher education institution
- To be eligible to enroll for a Doctoral program, an academic master’s degree or an integrated master’s degree from a reputed higher educational institute with a minimum of 300 ECTS credits.
- a diploma degree with a minimum of 180 ECTS credits from a recognized higher education institution to be enrolled in a Master’s/Specialist’s vocational programme.
All applicants must have a negative HIV test and must prove that they are in good health and have not contracted any contagious disease, with a medical certificate that is not older than six months.
How to Apply For The Scholarship?
For South African citizens interested in applying for the World in Serbia Project Scholarship, the Department of Higher Education and Training is the responsible authority.
Applicants must download and complete The World in Serbia Scholarship 2022 Application Form .pdf, and submit both the form and supporting documents together as an attachment in the mail to Internationalscholarships@dhet.gov.za.
The completed application form MUST be accompanied by the following documents:
- Your CV along with a motivational letter
- A certified copy of your passport
- All certificates of post-school qualification (certified copies)
- Certified copies of all academic transcripts post-school
- Certificate of proficiency in Serbian or English language
- A valid medical certificate of no more than six months, confirming that you are free from infectious diseases
- Result of a negative HIV test
It is mandatory that all documents be submitted in clear PDF format (no pictures will be accepted).
Closing Date Of The Scholarship
The last date of application is 4 February 2022.
Note: If you fail to submit your application along with supporting documents by the above deadline, your application will not be considered.
For any queries, please mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the scholarship has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries/scholarship open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/