About YES CHINA
The Chinese Government founded the “Scholarship for Youth of Excellence Scheme of China” (YES CHINA)- Master Programme with an aim to enhance relationships and mutual understanding between China and other developing countries, to offer exceptional academic opportunities to talented youth across the globe, and provide them with necessary financial aid. This is to hone the students’ skills to help them excel in their careers and unleash their true academic potential.
This scholarship program is open to all students from 56 developing countries willing to come to China to pursue a Master’s degree. The duration of the program will be one or two years (1 + 1).
Youth of Excellence Scheme of China Programme 2023 – 2024
Applications are invited from the Chinese Government invites for the Youth of Excellence Scheme of China Programme (YES CHINA) for the 2023 – 2024 academic year.
China Scholarship Council employs the YES CHINA Master Programme to encourage, financially aid and train talented youth coming from different countries worldwide in global governance who possess multi-cultural backgrounds, excellent leadership qualities, and a global vision.
A total of 200 students can apply for the YES CHINA Master Programme from across the globe. Only the applicants that fulfill the eligibility criteria will be selected and qualified for the programme.
For the academic year 2023 – 2024, the Master’s program will be for 1 year, fully funded, and taught in English.
- The programme duration is 1 year.https://www.internationalscholarships.dhet.gov.za/index.php/resources/8-general/10-china?download=203:yes-china-programme
- A few programmes abide by the “1+1” model
- In the first year, students need to complete their dissertation preparations and simultaneously do their full-time basic coursework and conduct research in Chinese institutions.
- Before leaving for China to defend their dissertations as expected by the universities, students must work in their home countries during the second year and complete their dissertations based on practical experience and research.
- Students who complete the defense successfully will be awarded the degree.
The Scholarship will cover:
- Exempted fees: internship and tuition fees
- On-campus accommodation
- Comprehensive medical insurance
- Living allowance
- After registration, a once-off settlement subsidy
- After registration, an air ticket (one-way) to China
- After completing your studies, a one-way air ticket from China to your home country.
Following are the eligibility criteria for students applying for YES CHINA Master’s Programme 2023 – 2024:
- Must be a non-Chinese citizen with good physical and mental health.
- Age not more than 45 years.
- Must possess a Higher or Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of work experience, some professional or educational experience in a discipline related to the Master’s programme applied for.
- Applicant must fall under one of the following four categories:
- A senior manager of an enterprise or institution.
- A government official working at the division chief level or any other equivalent or above level.
- Have relevant internship or employment experience in international organizations.
- An administrator of a scientific research institution or a university.
- The pre-admission letter by the institution must include all critical registration-related information such as admission date, personal details, etc. This letter cannot include any information related to receiving or having received any scholarships from the Chinese government.
How to Apply?
Before submitting the application, students must obtain a pre-admission letter from one of the 72 subprogrammes.
Here is the process of applying to YES CHINA Masters Programme 2023-2024 before 30 April 2023:
- For online application, log in to http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login, fill up the application form, and upload the supporting documents as required.
- Insert the correct Programme Category, and Agency Number (Programme Category is Type A for “Scholarship Type”, Agency number- 1563, and select the “Youth of Excellence Scheme of China”).
- Students also need to submit their application through email to the Chinese Embassy in South Africa at email Id: email@example.com. In charge is Mr. Fenghe Qiao (First Secretary of Chinese Embassy: Education). Also, students must copy the Department of Higher Education and Training in on the email above at Internationalscholarships@dhet/gov.za
You must submit the following documents while submitting your application.
- A photocopy of the passport
- Higher degree or Bachelor’s degree certificates
- Academic transcripts
- Proof of work experience or certificate of employment
- Language proficiency certificates
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors with their respective signatures, phone numbers, and email addresses mentioned.
- Certificate of non-criminal record (validity 6 months)
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, results valid for 6 months
The application deadline is 30 April 2023.
For any queries, contact the Chinese Embassy:
First Secretary Chinese Embassy: Education
Name of contact person: Mr. Fenghe Qiao
Tel: +27 12 431 6761
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/