The Tshwane South TVET (TSC) Institute has five campuses in the southern parts of Tshwane. Tshwane South TVET College (TSC) is a public Technical and Vocational Education and Training College registered under the Continuous Education and Training Act (CET Act No.16 of 2006). As Gazetted in 2001 (Notice 7311, Gazette No 240 of December 2001), TSC is a merger of three former technical Colleges, namely Atteridgeville, Centurion, and Pretoria West. TSC acquired its fourth campus (Odi Campus) from Orbit TVET College in 2006 as a result of the rezoning of the provincial boundaries. In their capacity as a public institution, The Tshwane South and her counterparts are tasked with indiscriminately equipping young people in South Africa with vocational and occupationally directed skills at intermediate levels of the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). By doing so, they are contributing to the eradication of inequality, poverty, and unemployment among the South African people, as well as economic growth initiatives in the country.
Qualifications On Offer
Undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications at the university fit into the following faculties:
National Certificate (Vocational):
- Administrative Services
- The study of finance, economics, and accounting
- Travel and tourism
- The hospitality industry
- Building Construction and Civil Engineering
- Engineers and related design fields
- Infrastructure and construction of electrical systems
- IT (Information Technology)
191 Nated Courses:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Business Management
- Management Assistant
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Early Childhood Development
- Clothing Production Skills
- Hospitality and Catering Services
- Cosmetology/ Beauty industry
- Training in Practical Skills
- Workshops for practical application
- Courses for short periods of time or for hobbies
What Do You Need To Register?
To be able to enroll at Tshwane South TVET College, students must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Copy of the most recent report card/results statement/Grade 12 or N3 certificate
- The learner’s ID in six certified copies.
- Please provide two certified copies of your Parent/Guardian ID
- A photo in the size of an ID of the learner.
- The number you use to identify yourself in South Africa
- Applicants from outside of South Africa must provide their passport number.
- Applicants from South Africa and abroad must provide evidence of their registration fees paid
- Please provide a working email address as well as a working cell phone number.
How Do You Apply?
Applying online for the university is possible at: https://tscportal.coltech.co.za/ if you are interested in applying for the college.
- Make sure you have proof of paying the registration fee (required for international and SA applicants).
- You can choose the course you want to take, and career counseling is available.
- Application for the course/program of interest should be completed online.
- Include all of your application materials (Certified ID copy, results, and supporting documents).
- Documents will be reviewed and approved if they are clear and certified; otherwise, they will be rejected if they are not clear or have an outdated date stamp.
- Every step of the registration process will be followed by an e-mail informing you of the status.
- Registration information will be included in the e-mail.
- In the event that you are admitted, you will receive an email stating that you have been “Provisionally Accepted.” You will be required to accept the offer through the Student Portal and to print the enrollment form.
- Register on campus by visiting the campus and completing the process.