Among the progressive TVET colleges, Vhembe TVET College has comprehensive systems and initiatives that promote effective teaching and learning. Over its 55 years, the college has produced people who have achieved prominence in various fields. It has a higher enrollment than its peers nationally. Partnerships with strategic institutions, such as SETAs, have made Vhembe TVET College a leader in the industry.
The Things You Should Know About Vhembe TVET College
Vhembe TVET College is spread across six campuses located in Makwarela, Tshisimani, Mashamba, Mavhoi, Thengwe, Shingwedzi, and Makhado.
In the north-east of Limpopo Province, the Vhembe District Municipality is the Vhembe TVET College. In addition to Makwarela, Mashamba, Mavhoi, Tshisimani, and Thengwe, the college recently launched a campus called Shingwedzi.
In 2017, the college and DHET will open the Shingwedzi Campus in the Malamulele area, about 42km from Central Office and the Musina satellite.
It is characterized by small businesses, such as agricultural activities, tourism, mining, car servicing, and welding; these are located throughout the rural settlements. There is a lot of unemployment and poverty, as well as inequality. In particular, unemployment is way above the province’s average. For the placement of students and lecturers, there is a lack of infrastructure and big industries.
Vhembe TVET Courses
Below are the courses that Vhembe TVET has to offer its students. Once you have chosen a class you want to take part in, you will be able to apply for that course online.
NATIONAL CERTIFICATE VOCATIONAL (NCV)
- Finance, Economics, and Accounting, (FEA)
- Management in general
- Management of marketing
- Office Administration
- Agriculture as a primary industry
- Construction of electrical infrastructure
- Construction and Civil Engineering
- The field of engineering and related design
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Hospitality Services
NATED (REPORT 190 / 191)
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Financial Management
- Business Management
- Public Management
- Management Assistant
- Farming Management
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- Civil Engineering and Construction
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Hospitality Services
- Clothing Production
How to complete the Vhembe TVET College Online Application?
To apply for a course at Vhembe TVET College, go to the campus where you wish to study or fill in an application online.
Complete the application form in its entirety. You need to submit it to your chosen campus.
*You’ll need a valid email address.
Documents supporting your application should be attached.
Note: You will need your original documents and certified copies when you apply online. You will need to bring the copies with you when you go on campus. Unless otherwise noted, certifications must be no older than three months old.
Vhembe TVET Funding
Find out about all the funding opportunities available. See NSFAS 2022 for more information about funding opportunities
Applying online requires the following:
- Access to the Internet.
- You must provide a valid personal email address (if you do not already have one, you will need to open one before you proceed with your online application).
- The latest results from your school – example: Grade 11 final or grade 12 final results in June or September or final school-leaving results – no Grade 12 results in March.
- You must have a valid passport or South African ID number.
- Your application status will be communicated via your cellphone number, so make sure it is correct.
Vhembe TVET College Contact Information
Would you like to ask a question about your application?
Tel: 015 963 3156
Stand No. 203
Unit A, Sibasa
Limpopo, South Africa
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on March 10, 2022)