About Dr Aadil Moerat Trust
Dr. Aadil Moerat Trust was founded in the honour of an anti-apartheid activist and general practitioner, Late Dr. Aadil Moerat, tragically killed in 1998. His commitment to community health activism earned him the title of “people’s doctor” – Dr. Moerat graduated from the University of Cape Town and established his own practice in Gugulethu before he passed away.
Moerat believed everyone should have access to health care, regardless of their financial situation, whenever and wherever they need it. Dr. Aadil Moerat’s Trust was established to honor his life and legacy and to give back to financially needy students who are also active in their communities.
Dr Aadil Moerat Trust Bursary 2022 – 2023
Dr. Aadil Moerat Trust is offering partial bursaries to Western Cape students for the academic year 2023. University students within the province of the Western Cape will be awarded bursaries to pursue studies in the Health Sciences field.
To assist students with study-related expenses, the Trust will award two bursaries of R10 000 each. Students will be awarded the bursary for one academic year and it will be paid directly to the university where they are studying.
Applications will be reviewed in September 2022, so if you don’t hear back by then, consider your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must meet a minimum set of criteria before applying. Your application will be disqualified if you fail to meet all the requirements:
- You must be pursuing an undergraduate degree in the Health Sciences department
- You must be studying at a recognized and accredited university within the Western Cape province
- It’s a must that you are involved in the community service-related activities
- Your academic record must be reasonable and you must be dedicated towards your studies
- There must be a financial need on your part
How to Apply?
To apply, you are required to download and fill out the Dr Aadil Moerat Bursary Application Form 2022 (.pdf)
In addition to your completed application form, you must submit a clear copy of the following supporting documentation. All of these documents need to be submitted – if they are absent, your application may get rejected:
- Up-to-date academic record (on letterhead of institution)
- University registration proof (on letterhead of institution)
- A motivational letter outlining your involvement in the community and your financial need
- A copy of a parent or guardian’s income proof (if employed, a recent payslip will suffice)
You must submit all supporting documents and the completed application form in one single pdf file.
You can submit your application via email at: Dr.AadilMoeratMBT@gmail.com
(Please have the subject line of your email include “Dr Aadil Moerat Bursary Application”).
Closing Date Of The Bursary
The application deadline is 15 August 2022.
Please submit your application before the closing date to ensure consideration – applications received after this date will not be accepted.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
Any questions related to this bursary program can be directed to the Dr Aadil Moerat Trust at the following address:
Name of Contact Person: Ms. N Moerat
Email address: Dr.AadilMoeratMBT@gmail.com
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. Please view our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/