About The University of Pretoria
The University of Pretoria (UP) is the largest in-person university in South Africa and is one of the top universities in Africa. It was founded on March 4, 1908, and is located in Pretoria, the administrative and de facto capital of South Africa. Initially established as the Pretoria campus of the Transvaal University College based in Johannesburg, it became the fourth South African institution to be granted university status and has been in continuous operation ever since.
UP has grown significantly from its early days, expanding from 32 students in a single late Victorian house to over 53,000 students in 2019. The university has seven suburban campuses covering 1,190 hectares (2,900 acres) and offers a range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs through its multi-campus public research institution.
Ek Brown Of Monaltrie Animal Sanctuary Trust Bursary 2023
The University of Pretoria is currently inviting applications for the EK Brown of Monaltrie Animal Sanctuary Trust Bursary 2023, which is funded by the UP Internal Bursary. This opportunity is available to South African citizens from Kwazulu-Natal who are studying Veterinary Science and are in their second year of study or higher.
Amount of Award: R30 000
Applicants must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements to apply for the bursary programme.
- You must have a BVSc (Bachelor’s degree in veterinary science) (2nd year +++)
- You must have completed your first year of studies successfully to apply for the bursary.
- Students from KwaZulu Natal who are SA citizens are eligible to apply.
- Bursary holders from the past may apply again.
- Preference will be given to applicants interested in Equine Studies and planning to practice in KZN.
How to Apply?
To apply for the bursary programme, the applicant must submit the necessary documentation via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The applicants need to submit copies of the following documents to submit their candidature.
- Your latest Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Submission of the UP financial aid application – verified as complete.
- A complete academic record
- Write a motivational letter explaining why you are a deserving candidate for this bursary programme.
- Applicants must declare other funding they receive for the financial year and/or any funding applications they make.
The closing date of the application is 15 March 2023.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/