The active participation of youth in a nation’s affairs can help to bring in refreshing ideas and effective solutions to many problems. However, sometimes talented individuals need support and encouragement to take up their desired field of study. Providing them with the required assistance is a great way to help them in advancing towards a bright future.
When the youth is educated they will take the nation on to the path of success. In this direction, many universities and organizations have taken initiatives to assist talented individuals through their scholarship programs.
About Imperial & Stellenbosch University
Imperial is one of the top global logistics companies in South Africa. The organization focuses on industries like healthcare, automobile, chemicals, industrial, commodities, etc. The company aims to establish a connection between South Africa and the world with its innovative products and services.
One of the oldest educational institutions in the Western Cape Province is Stellenbosch University. It is a highly rated tertiary institution that is renowned for academic excellence. The University has a community of approximately 29,000 students including those from foreign countries.
About Imperial Stellenbosch Scholarship Program
Imperial and Stellenbosch University have collaborated to find solutions to problems of healthcare and climate change in the nation. Imperial strives to provide bursaries to talented and needy students from the year 2021 to 2023.
The Imperial and Stellenbosch scholarship initiative is a joint development that aims to provide exposure to students in the relevant research field. They also strive to establish a connection between the industry and academia for the betterment of the nation’s future.
The funds granted under this scholarship program can be used to meet the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Other personal/livelihood expenses of the students
This scholarship is awarded to those students who wish to pursue a Master’s or Doctoral degree at Stellenbosch University. Students can avail of this postgraduate scholarship for the academic year 2022 if they are willing to study towards the following fields:
- Economic Management Sciences
Those applying for this scholarship program are required to follow the themes mentioned below. Students can also choose other diverse industry-related topics for each theme and other relevant fields in addition to those mentioned
The themes mentioned are:
- Fresh Food Supply Chain
- Supply chain response to Covid-19 and Healthcare
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the Imperial-Stellenbosch scholarship, students must meet the eligibility requirements laid down by the institution. Failure to meet the requirements will lead to the rejection of the application.
- Students must have completed their Bachelor’s degree in the fields mentioned above
- One must be willing to pursue postgraduate studies at Stellenbosch University
- Applicants must be willing to study towards a full-time Master’s or Ph.D.
- Those pursuing Ph.D. or Master’s in the current year are also eligible for the scholarship provided they are researching on the relevant topics
- BCI students will be given preference for the purpose of this scholarship
- Those students who qualify for the scholarship will be required to enter into a work back contract with Imperial. Under this agreement, students will work for Imperial for a time equivalent to the scholarship support provided to them.
- Before the final selection, shortlisted candidates will be interviewed
- An investigation may also be conducted with regards to the academic performance and background of the student
- It is important to note that all the applications will be managed as per the Data privacy regulation of the Stellenbosch University
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered for the scholarship
How to apply?
Students can submit their applications by filling the online application form. The form must be filled in carefully with correct details. Applicants must also attach the following documents with the form.
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts on the institution’s letterhead
- The current research topic/approved topic
- A brief introduction about yourself mentioning your hobbies, interests, accomplishments, etc. in 800 words
- A motivational letter, maximum of 1 page or 800 words outlining your strengths, skills, etc.
- A letter from your supervisor (current/future) to support the application
The last date of application is 28 October 2021
For any information related to the scholarship, students can contact,
The Postgraduate Funding Unit
Phone: 021 808 4208
Please do NOT contact Imperial/Stellenbosch University if this scholarship has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/