Unisa students are entitled to a free myLife e-mail address for life. Once you are a student, you simply have to activate your login details. Your myLife e-mail account will be used to communicate with Unisa. SMSs and letters will occasionally be sent, but they will not be the primary means of communication. Your initial login details that you are given once you are accepted to Unisa will give you access to myUnisa as well as myLife. Below, we will be looking at what myUnisa and myLife are as well as how you can activate these accounts and login.
What is myLife?
myLife is Unisa’s email addressing system that allows students to get information directly from the university. It is the only way in which the university will communicate with its students unless stated otherwise.
It is a personlised email address that is given to you once you have been accepted into the university. Contact the university directly if you have not received the login details for your myLife email account.
How to Access myLife Email
Follow the below steps to login to myLife Unisa and view your email:
- First, go to http://mylife.unisa.ac.za/ on your internet browser.
- Enter your full unisa e-mail address (which should look something like email@example.com) and the password for your myLife e-mail account.
- Then click Sign in.
If you are a new student or haven’t signed in before, you will first need to register for a myLife account following the below steps. It can sometimes take around 24 hours after registering before you will be able to access your myLife email account.
How to Register for myLife Email Account
- Navigate to the unisa student portal.
- Click the Claim Unisa Login at the top of the page
- Enter your student number into the box and click Continue.
- Complete your personal information, including your South African ID Number or Foreign ID / Passport Number.
- Acknowledge the Terms and Conditions
- You will then be provided with an initial password, which you should change to something rememberable. This should now be able to login to both your myUNISA account and myLife email account.
How to activate myLife / UNISA O365 password?
If you cannot login, you may need to reset your myUnisa password in order for it to be able to synchronise with your myLife mailbox. To do this follow the below steps:
- Go to myUnisa and click on My Admin.
- Click Change Password
- Then fill out the form to update your password. The new password you choose will now be active for both your myUnisa and myLife services.
Why Should You Use My myLife e-mail account?
The Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 does not apply to the privacy of any personal information you publish on public platforms, such as social media platforms and WhatsApp groups. Public domain information is not considered private and can be accessed by third parties who have access to such platforms.
- You can communicate with the university by using your MyLife e-mail account, as your e-mail address includes your student number, and you use your login credentials to access the account.
- All Unisa official communication (e.g., exam timetables and results) will be sent to this e-mail account, which makes finding information very easy.
- Any network and anywhere in the world can access your myLife e-mail account. All you need is internet access.
The University Rules State The Following:
As we stated before, all official news and information will be sent to you via your myLife student email address. The university can send information to your private email address for specific reasons.
- As a student, you must activate your myLife e-mail account as soon as you receive the login information.
- For formal correspondence, the myLife e-mail account will be the only one recognized by Unisa. This will be your main conduit for receiving and transmitting information to and from the university.
- Other avenues of contact, such as a personal email account, may be used on occasion. It’s vital to remember that Unisa will contact you primarily through their myLife e-mail addresses.
- The student is responsible for the management of this e-mail account.
Unisa Will Only Communicate With Their Students Via The myLife e-mail account.
- Only in the following conditions may Unisa connect with a student using a private e-mail address:
- New applicants seeking information on how to apply for admission.
- New candidates without a myLife e-mail account have been accepted but have yet to register.
- When a student needs assistance with accessing their myLife e-mail account.
What Should You Do If Your Password On myLife Isn’t Working?
You may need to reset your password in order to sync your myUnisa and myLife mailboxes.
- Click “My Admin” after logging into myUnisa.
- Select “Change Password” from the drop-down menu.
- To change your password, fill out the form. It’s important to remember that your new password will work for both your myUnisa and myLife accounts.
During busy times, the new password on the myLife service may take up to 30 minutes to activate. Please contact MyLifeHelp@unisa.ac.za for assistance if you are still having problems after resetting your password.
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on March 29, 2022)