About North-West University
The North-West University (NWU) came into existence on January 1, 2004, as a part of the South African government’s higher education transformation initiative. It was created by the merger of the University of North-West and Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education, along with the Sebokeng Campus of Black University, Vista.
The university ambitions to become a renowned and respected university across the African continent, known for its commitment to engaged scholarship, social consciousness, and compassionate ethos. Their objective is to strive for excellence in cutting-edge research and innovative teaching and to make a positive impact on society through the dissemination of knowledge.
NWU is dedicated to nurturing a community of engaged and caring staff and students and upholds the following core values inspired by the constitutional principles of human dignity, equality, and freedom.
NWU Honours Bursary 2023
The North-West University’s bursary and loan program aims to support students by offering them financial assistance based on their academic, leadership, cultural, and athletic accomplishments.
The NWU Honours Bursary offers to provide financial assistance to outstanding postgraduate students who face difficulties in paying for their tertiary education. As part of the bursary, full-time students can receive a yearly amount of R23,000 for both scarce and non-scarce skills courses. This bursary is only available for students enrolling in a full-time prescribed Honours degree and is not open to part-time, occasional, or working students.
Those who have already received a bursary from the National Research Foundation, SETA, or other institutions may apply for an additional top-up bursary, up to a maximum of R167,900. This amount is subject to change if it exceeds. The bursary is repayable if a student terminates their studies or fails to complete the course within the specified time frame.
- NWU students who are currently enrolled and accepted for honours studies in 2023.
- Any other university student who has been accepted for honours studies at the NWU in 2023.
- Working students who hold a job and receive a salary.
- Students who receive bursaries from organizations such as the National Research Foundation (NRF), SETA, and other external institutions.
How To Apply?
To apply for the NWU Honours Bursary for 2023, the first step is to fill out the online application form.
- All fields on the application form are compulsory. So be sure to carefully and accurately complete every section. Incomplete applications are invalid and may result in the rejection of your application.
- Before you start the application process, it is recommended to read the instant info with conditions for qualification.
- NWU students don’t need to apply online. The bursary is automatically calculated and awarded to students who meet the required conditions.
- Please note that the academic report and/or the progress report attachment must be a single PDF document. Also, the department shall not accept attachments sent separately by email.
If you are a student from another university, it is necessary to include an academic record of your previous degree. Applicants must avoid simply providing certificates alone, or else they will be disqualified.
As a student, you have the opportunity to apply for this bursary using the application form provided. The deadline for submission is 31 March 2023.
However, if applicants are unable to meet this deadline. They can submit late applications with written approval from the faculty.
Applicants can direct their inquiries to the campus where there have enrolled:
Phone: 018 389 2516/2646/2372
Private Bag X2046, Mmabatho, 2735 Building AF2, Room G07.
Phone: 018 26666/7/8/9
Private Bag X6001, Potchefstroom, 2520 Building F1, ground floor, 6-12 enquiry desks.
Phone: 016 910 3157/3134
PO Box 1174, Vanderbijlpark, 1900 Building A1.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/