About NWU (North-West University)
Founded on 1 January 2004, North-West University (NWU) plays a vital role in the South African Government’s aim to revolutionize the higher education system.
NWU is a unified higher education entity formed by merging the University of North-West, Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education, and a few students and staff incorporated from Vista’s Sebokeng Campus.
North-West University signifies the power of reconciliation and aims to provide high-quality, strategic, and exceptional academic opportunities, including more research output, healthy financial surplus, increased student pass rates, and higher corporate governance rankings for South African Universities.
NWU Postgraduate Academic Merit Bursary 2023
The Management at NWU has released the NWU 2023 Bursaries Application Forms for eligible and financially needy students.
The NWU Postgraduate Academic Merit Bursary is supplementary to other postgraduate bursaries and is dedicated to talented students for their academic excellence. Only students in the FIRST year of the Masters’s, Honours, or Doctoral degree from other universities must apply online.
NWU offers R5 000 for students that pass Cum laude Electronic/online applications. Students need to attach the academic record of the previous qualifying degree to be eligible for the bursary.
The main objective of the NWU bursary is to provide optimal financial assistance to students willing to excel in university studies with their academic, leadership, arts, culture, and sports excellence.
NWU maintains an open-door policy for quick assistance; hence, contact NWU if you have any queries.
Full-time and Part-Time students can apply.
To be eligible for the NWU Postgraduate Academic Merit Bursary 2023, students need to fulfill the below criteria:
- Must pass the preceding qualifying degree with an average of 75% (Cum laude). You must have completed your postgraduate degree with a minimum grace period as defined by the NWU Postgraduate Bursary Scheme.
- Only students registering for a first prescribed Postgraduate course or Honours degree are eligible. Students undertaking occasional studies are not eligible.
- Must be a South African citizen registered for a formal course/degree in any NWU discipline.
- Must attach academic records of preceding qualifying degree. Only certificates are not valid.
Things to note:
- Bursary will be awarded only once in the first year of the postgraduate degree.
- NWU students don’t need to apply online. The bursary will be automatically calculated and awarded to them by the end of April 2023. Only other university students should apply online.
- The bursary amount is repayable if the student does not complete the course within the prescribed time period or terminates studies.
- Incomplete application forms are invalid. To qualify, it is better to submit applications before the closing date.
- NWU reserves the right to alter the conditions, guidelines, and values of the bursary as per the circumstances, without notifying the students.
How to Apply?
Following is the procedure to apply for the NWU Postgraduate Academic Merit Bursary 2023:
- Log in with the Firefox browser.
- Fill up the online application form
- Submit the required documents to your registered campus- Mahikeng, Potchefstroom, or Vanderbijlpark.
- The attached academic record must be the final record of the preceding degree with a passing result.
- Copy of ID or passport
- The academic record of the preceding qualifying degree
Note: The progress report/academic report attachment MUST be only one pdf document (all records scanned on one file). No separate attachments sent by email will be accepted.
The application deadline is 30 April 2023. In case of late applications, students must submit a written confirmation from the Faculty.
Direct the bursary enquiries to your campus of registration:
- Mahikeng Campus:
Tel: +27 (0)18 389 2521
Postal Address: North-west University
Private Bag X2046
- Potchefstroom Campus:
Tel: +27 (0)18 299 2672/3
Postal Address: North-west University
Private Bag X6001
- Vanderbijlpark Campus:
Tel: +27 (0)16 910 3157
Postal Address: North-West University
PO Box 1174
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/