Potchefstroom Academy is a South African higher educational institution founded in 1981 by Tina Scholtz. It is one of the leading institutions to offer specialized qualifications in Photography, Somatology (beauty therapy), Interior design and decorating, Therapeutic Aromatherapy, Therapeutic Massage and Therapeutic Reflexology.
In the year 2003, SAAHST- a TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training) Institution was acquired which offers expert training programs for Business Management studies, Hairdressing, Cosmetology and Nail Technology. SAAHST additionally offers short courses targeted to hone up your skills. SAAHST is accredited by the National Artisan Moderation Body’s (NAMB) Trade Test Center for hairdressing.
Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST have been the industry leaders for over 40 years now.
Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST Bursary Programme 2022
Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST help students acquire expert training and join the organizational workforce through their bursary programme.
For the academic year 2022, their bursary programme is applicable on one of these following qualifications:
Photography: 2-year full-time qualification
– 1st year: Higher Certificate in Photography (NFQ Level 5)
– 2nd year: Advanced Certificate in Photography (NFQ level 6)
In the first year of the Higher Certificate in Photography, students will be given an opportunity to express themselves and challenge their creativity through their work. They’ll be well-equipped to work for leading businesses or on their own in the industry. The qualification course is fun-filled, creative and filled with engaging experiences to hone them up for their future.
The second year of Advanced Certificate in Photography aims to upgrade your specialization further to give you a competitive edge in the industry.
– QCTO Occupational Certificate in Hairdressing (NFQ Level 4) – 2 years full time plus 1 Year industry experience
SAAHST offers an all-inclusive training certification program for students who want to gain expertise in the hairdressing industry. Students will be learning about the latest hairdressing trends and techniques through innovative approaches such as hair shows, competitions and workshops.
Expert training along with industry experience will highly upgrade the skills of students, thereby providing a competitive edge.
– Further Education and Training Certificate (NFQ level 4) – 1 Year full time
SAAHST Cosmetology Certificate trains students about beauty treatments with theoretical as well as practical approaches.
– Diploma in Somatology (NFQ level 6)- 3 years full time
Somatology is a multi-purpose qualification that offers training to treat various skin and body conditions in a holistic approach. The expert training comprises basic and advanced skin and body care including spa, massage, slimming and anti-ageing techniques. Moreover, it also includes aesthetic elements of body and skincare such as make-up, hand and foot treatments and hair removal methods.
The bursary programme aims to upgrade and enhance the skills of aspiring beauticians, hair stylists, photographers, cosmetologists and interior designers, so they can acquire the needed skill and confidence to start their very own business someday.
– Diploma in Interior Design (NQF level 6) – 3 years full time
The all-inclusive interior designer qualification program trains you to solve problems, be more creative and visualize 3-D spaces, whilst catering to your client’s needs.
How to Apply?
To qualify for the bursary programme of the Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST, follow these steps:
- Download and fill-up the Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST application form.
- Open the Entry Form here. Choose the qualification course to opt for
- Fill up the basic fields such as name, surname, contact number, email address, ID number and city.
- Fill the ‘Motivation’ field (MAX 200 words) explaining why you are a deserving candidate for the bursary
- Create a 30-second entry video exhibiting your skills in the field of hairdressing, photography, make-up or interior design. At the end of the video, explain why you are a deserving student to acquire the bursary.
- Upload the entry video in the provided field in an MP4 format (size limit 10 MB)
- Opting for Photography or Interior Design requires you to upload a Portfolio (size limit 10 MB) in the jpg, pdf or docx format
Important note: The photography and interior design qualification courses require a skills’ assessment portfolio as well.
- A pdf copy of your ID document
- A certificate applicable to the basic entry requirements (a record of matric exam or NQF Level 4 qualification or matric certificate)
- Completed application form
Terms and Conditions for the Bursary:
- The bursary only covers the term fees for the first year of the qualification. It doesn’t cover accommodation and meals
- OFM will offer R10 000 cash to help the bursary holder with the extra expenses of study such as textbooks, meals, equipment, etc.
- The bursary holder will be selected by a panel of judges and will be announced on 17 January 2022.
- The final list of students declared will be subject to further assessment and personal interview
- The bursary holder is expected to register for their desired qualification course by 31 January 2022
- The bursary holder is expected to take on classes on 7 February 2022
The last date of application is 10 January 2022 at midnight.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, contact the Potchefstroom Academy directly:
Tel: 018 294 9037/ 018 294 5581
(Office hours: Monday to Friday between 07h30- 16h30)
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/