About Sheila Brand Educational Trust
Sheila Brand Educational Trust is a South-African organization that aims to provide financial assistance to meritorious and talented students to nurture their growth and talent. The organization understands the dire need of providing assistance to students from disadvantaged backgrounds to help in boosting the economy of the country in the long run and helped several students in the process.
Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary 2023
The Sheila Brand Educational Trust is providing bursaries to students pursuing undergraduate studies in any field from the following universities: the Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Stellenbosch University and the University of the Western Cape.
The bursary aims to provide financial assistance to students in direct need who have shown their academic merit and have active involvement in culture, community service, leadership and sports activities.
The bursary will cover expenses for one academic year. It can be renewed based upon satisfactory academic results, overall attitude and need for financial assistance. The bursary recipients have to provide written proof of their financial condition every year.
The shortlisted candidates have to attend a meeting with the trustees before the final selection is made.
Please check the eligibility criteria below before applying for Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary 2023
- The candidate must be a citizen of South Africa
- The applicant must be pursuing or intend to pursue a full-time undergraduate qualification
- The candidate must be studying or have been accepted in the following universities i.e., Cape Peninsula University of Technology / CPUT, Stellenbosch University/ SU and University of the Western Cape/ UWC
- The candidate must require financial assistance, either partial or full funding
- The applicant must have an excellent academic record and should have achievements and active involvement in sectors like culture, community service, leadership and sports activities
- The candidate cannot receive any other awards, bursaries or scholarships unless approved by the Trust
How To Apply?
For new applicants, download and complete the Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary Application Form 2023 (.pdf)
For current bursary holders, download and complete the Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary Affidavit (.pdf)
Candidates are requested to download and complete the form and applications have to be submitted to the University through the mail.
Cape Peninsula University of Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of the Western Cape (UWC): email@example.com
For applicants at Stellenbosch University, click on this link here.
Please add “Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary” in the subject line of the email.
The documents required for registering for Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary 2023 are as follows:
- Certified copy of your ID document
- Certified copy of academic results from 2022, 2021 and 2020 academic year
- Proof of income of parents, guardians, spouse or your own (if employed, submission of latest slips; if self-employed, submission of audited financial statements or proof of part-time or contract work; if unemployed, submission of affidavit and submission of pension slips if required)
- In the case of grandparents acting as guardians, a certified copy of the death certificate of the parents if deceased
- Your current matriculants i.e., a letter from the school principal stating why the candidate is eligible to receive the bursary award
The application deadline is 30 September 2022 at 16:00. Please submit your applications within the given date.
For any questions regarding Sheila Brand Educational Trust Bursary 2023, candidates can contact their respective universities
For Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Tel: 021 460 3389
For Stellenbosch University
For the University of the Western Cape
Tel: 021 959 3670
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/