About TETA and WMU
TETA stands for the Transport Education Training Authority in South Africa. It is one of the authorized organizations in the country responsible for training and developing skills in various sectors of South Africa, especially in the Transport sector.
On the other hand, the International Maritime Organization (IMO) formed the World Maritime University (WMU). WMU provides research opportunities and postgraduate programs pertaining to ocean and maritime-related studies. With the UN Sustainable Development Goals, WMU continues capacity building.
TETA Scholarship at the World Maritime University (WMU) 2023
TETA is inviting students to apply for their scholarship for pursuing MSc in Maritime Affairs. Selected candidates will be able to complete their education at World Maritime University in Sweden, Malmö. Applicants belonging to families employed in broader maritime sectors in South Africa.
The MSc program will be divided into three phases starting from September 2023 and ending in November 2024.
The phases are divided as follows:
- Foundation Studies- A thorough grounding in IMO governance, maritime policy and different aspects of the ocean is introduced. Selected candidates will also start preparing their dissertations from this phase as well.
- Specialization Studies- Specialization will be provided in-
- Maritime Education & Training
- Maritime Energy Management
- Maritime Law & Policy
- Maritime Safety & Environmental Administration
- Ocean Sustainability
- Governance & Management
- Port Management or Shipping Management & Logistics
- Dissertation- The dissertation will be based on a certain issue pertaining to their home country or an urgent issue in hand. All the topics have to be approved by the University. Students are allowed to work solo or in groups. The research work should include original methodologies.
Applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria to stand eligible for the bursary programme.
- The candidate must be a citizen of South African
- The applicant must be academically accepted at WMU
- The applying candidate must be employed and should be with the current employer for a minimum of 12 months. Consent from the current employer is required and you will be allowed to continue work after completion of the program
- The candidate must have a minimum of three years of experience in the maritime sector
- Female candidates and middle managers will be given preference
How To Apply?
To apply for TETA Scholarship at the World Maritime University (WMU) 2023, click on the following link:
You have to submit the following documents to be considered eligible for the scholarship
- WMU admission application attached with Matric certificate
- Certified ID document
- A certified copy of the passport, if available; if not, then the application for the passport
- TETA motivational statement
- Consent from the current employer is required, and you will be allowed to continue work after completion of the program; Sabbatical or unpaid leave will be considered as well
- The financial support form to be submitted ( https://www.wmu.se/docs/application-for-financial-support); should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Signed terms and conditions document (https://www.wmu.se/docs/terms-and-conditions-of-teta-funding )
The closing date of the TETA Scholarship at the World Maritime University (WMU) 2023 is 5 May 2023. Applications submitted before the given date will not be considered by the scholarship panel.
To solve any queries pertaining to the scholarship, contact Ms. Wanangwa Munthali at WanangwaM@teta.org.za.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/