UFS Online Applications are currently open for 2022.
- All applications are closed by 30th September 2021. Some specific courses will close applications before this date. You can view the closing dates for all courses here – UFS Closing Dates.
- All courses have limited spaces available; therefore, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- In order to be eligible for a space, students must complete the application form in full and submit it by the closing dates.
- Please remember that simply meeting minimum admission requirements for your chosen field of study does not guarantee admission, as limited space is available in each programme.
- There is NO application fee for the UFS
How do I complete the UFS Online Application in 2022?
UFS Application requests prospective applicants to submit their completed applications right after they start the online process of application. Here are the application steps:
- Decide what programme you would like to study
- Review the UFS Undergraduate Prospectus and decide what field of study you would to pursue.
- Prepare your application
- Make sure you have all the necessary documentation available in an electronic format before applying online. You can see the documents required listed below:- Certified copy of your South African ID document or passport (for foreign students)
– Certified copies of all previous qualification certificates*
– Certified copies of all previous academic transcripts. Certified copies should not be older than three months at the time of your application.
- Start your Online Application
- Once you have all the above documents available, you can start the UFS Online Application by going here: https://apply.ufs.ac.za/
- In the application, you will be asked to upload the required documents.
- Upon completion of the application, you will be sent an automated confirmation email to tell that the application’s been received by UFS.
- If you have any questions, contact the UFS Application Helpdesk: +27 51 4019666 or email@example.com
- The Selection Process
- If you have been successful, you will receive an email on 1st December 2021. If you do not receive an email by this date, it means that your application was not successful.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the NSFAS student funding in 2022?
Some students may have the right qualifications to receive financial assistance. The National Student Funding Assistance Scheme (NSFAS) is now accepting applications and you can apply online for this. Ensure you apply for funding before the deadline. Any late applications will get disregarded.
What are the contact details for all funding enquiries?
Bloemfontein and South Campuses:
- Lekhotla Lechoba: 058 718 5198 (Lechoball@ufs.ac.za for students with surnames that begin with A-L)
- Tsoanelo Mosikili: 058 718 5061 (Mosikilitf@ufs.ac.za; for students with surnames that begin with M)
- Van Rooi Hlapane: 058 718 3625 (Hlapanevj@ufs.ac.za; for students with surnames that begin with N-Z)
How is the UFS online application admission score calculated?
The UFS has its own system in determining the chances of prospective applicants of getting admitted successfully. Applicants should study the admission requirements of the programmes they’re interested in thoroughly. The UFC calculates the AP scores based on the NSC achievement scale. They use an AP score that consists of 7 levels:
- There are points for 6 academic subjects for achievement levels above 30%.
- One point goes to Life Orientation from achievement level 5 with 60% and above when calculating your AP score for the purpose of admission.
NSC Level: UFS AP
- 4 (50%–59%): 4
- 5 (60%–69%): 5
- 6 (70%–79%): 6
- 7 (80%–89%): 7
- 7 (90%–100%): 8
What are the admission requirements for UFS in 2022?
The admission requirements are:
- An NCV or NSC with an endorsement that permits entrance to Bachelor’s degree studies or equivalent qualifications.
- Meet all of the minimum admission requirements for the programme you intend to study. However, this doesn’t guarantee admission, as there are limited slots available.
- Have a minimum level of 4 or 50% in the UFS language of instruction you have chosen: Afrikaans or English. This only applies to specific programmes).
- Must pass specific school subjects with a minimum level of achievement to take a specific university module. You may refer to information regarding faculty-specific admission requirements that also includes the achievement levels and compulsory subjects required for each programme.
What is the closing date for the UFS Online application for 2022?
All applications are closed by 30th September 2021. Some specific courses will close applications before this date. You can view the closing dates for all courses here – UFS Closing Dates.
What exam results do I need for the UFS application in 2022?
Your marks on your Grade 11 are very important when applying. Some universities allow June marks for Matric, so prepare these too.
What are the necessary documents for UFS Application in 2022?
The necessary documents include:
- If you’re a citizen of South Africa, an ID document
- If you’re an international student, a passport
- Your parent’s passport or ID if below 18 years of age
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) if you’re matriculated
- Your final results in Grade 11 with the stamp of your school
- Your June Grade 12 results with the stamp of the school as soon as it’s released. You can email this to firstname.lastname@example.org, especially if you applied for one of the selection programmes
- Your academic record if you’re an existing student at another higher learning institution
- USAF accreditation from the South African universities’ examination board. Apply to usaf.ac.za for foreign conditional exemption, mature age conditional exemption, or conditional exemption
How do I check the UFS Application Status?
You will receive a formal letter or email notifying you about your acceptance. Just keep continue working hard and make sure to pay the initial minimum payment before the deadline.