About University of the Free State
The University of the Free State (UFS) is one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in South Africa. It was established in Bloemfontein in 1904 as the Grey University College. It is offering education to over 40,000 students across its seven faculties. International students and partners have also grown on their campuses.
UFS has produced highly qualified graduates who have made significant contributions in various industries over the century. UFS uses its professional and academic expertise for the public good through engaged scholarship to address societal needs.
The university actively contributes to surrounding communities, making a positive impact. UFS is dedicated to providing an exceptional university experience for its students and employees.
UFS Postgraduate Diploma Bursary 2023
The University of the Free State is proud to announce its commitment to supporting postgraduate diploma students in 2023 by providing partial tuition fee assistance. It’s essential to keep in mind the following details about this bursary opportunity:
- This bursary is a one-time award for first-time, full-time Postgraduate Diploma students in 2023.
- It is awarded based on academic excellence.
- Those who receive the bursary cannot be recipients of government funding or the UFS Staff Study Benefit/Remission on Tuition Fees.
- The beneficiary cannot use the bursary to settle any outstanding fees from previous years.
Meeting the minimum eligibility criteria does not guarantee the bursary. It is awarded on the basis of academic merit and available funds.
Who is eligible?
The opportunity is open to all South African and international students who meet the following requirements:
- The applicant must have registered themselves as full-time students pursuing a Postgraduate Diploma program.
- You should have received an aggregate score of at least 65% in your undergraduate studies.
- You must have completed your previous degree within the minimum prescribed period.
Who is not eligible?
- This offer is not available to students who have already obtained a Postgraduate Diploma, Honours, or B.Tech Degree.
- Those who are in the second year of their Postgraduate Diploma program.
- Undergraduate students enrolled in any degree programme.
- Students registered for a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
- Those who received funding from the Postgraduate School in the previous years.
- Full-time employees.
How To Apply?
To apply for the Postgraduate Diploma funding, simply visit the online application portal at https://surveys.ufs.ac.za/evasys/online.php?p=PgDipl
Submitting Academic Records:
- Students from other universities: Applicants who did not complete their undergraduate degree at the University of the Free State should email their academic transcripts in PDF format to LekoekoeMM@ufs.ac.za with the email subject line as “Application for UFS Postgraduate Diploma Funding – UFS Student Number“.
- University of the Free State Alumni: If you have completed your undergraduate degree at the University of the Free State, there is no need to email your academic records. The Centre for Graduate Support will be able to access your transcripts directly from the University. Therefore, you only need to complete the online application survey.
Alumni of the University of the Free State do not have to submit any documents. However, applicants from other universities or colleges (including international students) shall require to submit the following documents along with their application:
- An official academic transcript that verifies the completion of your undergraduate degree.
- Applicants shall ensure that the transcript must show final marks in percentages, not symbols.
- It is the responsibility of each applicant to obtain an official academic transcript displaying their final marks in percentages from their previous institution.
The deadline for submitting applications for the bursaries is 28 February 2023. Applicants must apply and send their documents by this date; late applications will not be considered.
Please direct inquiries to Mpho Lekoekoe at LekoekoeMM@ufs.ac.za or to the Centre for Graduate Support, Johannes Brill Building, Office 10.
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/