UJ Online Applications are open for Undergraduates until 30 September 2021.
- There is no application fee for online applications (there is only a R200 fee if you are applying with the manual paper-based application).
- Applicants will need to meet the minimum requirements of recognised National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Independent Examinations Board (IEB) subjects for the field of study they would like to apply to. These can be found in the UJ Prospectus.
- Please remember that the minimum requirements does not guarantee you a place at UJ. There are only a limited number of positions available so the university needs to select the best applicants for those places.
How to complete the UJ Online Application 2022?
- Choose your field of study
- First be sure to review the 2022 UJ Undergraduate Prospectus to learn more about the University of Johannesburg and campus life.
- You can make a maximum to two study choices.
- Check the fees involved
- You can view the student fees from 2021 on the UJ Student Fees 2021 document. Please note the the fees may be subject to change for 2022.
- Ensure you have the correct documents ready
- Check that you have the below documents ready to upload
- Certified and individually scanned documents if completed Grade 12 (see process below).
- Grade 12 applicants may be required to upload certified copies of their Grade 11 results
- Please ensure that the documents are certified, below 512KB and in the following format – tiff, pdf, jpg or gif – documents should be separate attachments
- Complete the UJ Online Application
- Fill out all the details required on the online application which can be accessed here: www.uj.ac.za/Apply and select ‘Apply’
- Check the status of your application
- You can check the status of your UJ Application here: https://student.uj.ac.za/status.aspx
UJ Funding and Fees
You can see all the details regarding the UJ student fees from 2001 here: UJ Student Fees 2021
NSFAS bursaries provide funding assistance to students that require it. These applications need to be made directly with NSFAS as the University does not provide these.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to Track your UJ Online Application
Applicants can track the status of their UJ application here: https://student.uj.ac.za/status.aspx
What are the UJ Contact Details?
You can use the online chat service here: https://www.uj.ac.za/Pages/uj-chat.aspx or call the UJ Call Centre on 011 559 4555.