About The University of South Africa (UNISA)
The University of South Africa is one of Africa’s largest open distance learning institutions. It is also the longest-standing university that provides distance education in the world. The university offers all kinds of courses – certificate programs, short courses, three or four-year degrees, and diplomas.
UNISA’s vision is to be committed to the South African communities and individuals. The university is always mindful of building good relationships with the African community and giving back to them. This is one of the motivations behind UNISA’s Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022.
The UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022
The UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022 is being offered to South African and international students based on eligibility, academic performance, and financial need. UNISA will prioritize South African students over international students based on the 80/20 ratio.
What is offered?
The UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022 covers the following costs for the selected students – tuition fees and research activities expenses. The value of the bursary is as follows depending on the below categories:
- Master’s degree by research and experimental research – An amount up to R55,000 for three years of education.
- Master’s degree by coursework – An amount up to R25,000 for the first two years of study.
- Doctoral degree by research – An amount up to R80,000 for the first four years of study.
- Doctoral degree by experimental research – An amount up to R120,000 for the first four years of study.
The applicants must satisfy the following criteria to be deemed eligible to be awarded the UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022:
- Applicants must be temporarily registered with UNISA by 28 February 2022
- Applicants must be able to showcase satisfactory academic progress backed up by their supervisor. They must recommend financial support based on whether or not a student could achieve the set plans or goals for the research activities scheduled in the supervision contract for the previous academic year.
- Applicants registering for special study programmes, be it certificate or non-degree programmes in 2022, are not eligible to apply.
- Students who have a postgraduate degree at the same level or a higher level are not eligible to apply for the bursary.
Other conditions from the bursary providers:
- The students awarded the bursary can only be funded for the first one to four consecutive years of study.
- UNISA gives no guarantee that the bursary amount will be awarded to every eligible applicant. This is because they have a fixed amount of funds, and if the funds are not available, your application may not be considered.
- The second, third, and fourth-year students must re-apply every year, and their application will be considered only if they have maintained satisfactory grades in their previous year.
- If a student does not comply with the conditions set by UNISA, or if they stop their education, their postgraduate bursary will be cancelled. UNISA will withdraw the bursary amount.
- The bursary will not cover any failed courses for the selected student.
How to Apply?
You can download the application for the UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022 from the official website of UNISA or by clicking on this link.
The application must be filled in the PDF using Adobe Acrobat Reader and submitted online via myUnisa here. You need to login to your student portal to submit the application.
Before submitting your application, it should be renamed according to this format – Your student number_M&D_Bursary_Application Form_2022. Any communication regarding your application status will only be via your myLife email account.
It is important to note that your application may be rejected due to any of the following reasons:
- The application form is incomplete
- Application in hard-copy form or sent to an email
- Late applications
- If you did not pass the Research Proposal Module set by your supervisor
The UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022 applications are open from 1 November 2021 to 31 January 2022 and will not be considered if submitted after the deadline.
If you have any further questions regarding the UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022, you can contact the bursary providers at:
- For questions about the application process, send an email to CGSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions regarding the bursary awards or processing of bursary, claims send an email to DSF-POSTGRD@unisa.ac.za.
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.
(This Bursary/Scholarship Listing Last Updated on January 20, 2022)