According to enrollment, the University of South Africa (also known as Unisa) is the country’s largest university system. UNISA is a comprehensive school that offers a wide range of academic and practical programmes, several of which have received international acclaim. Eight prominent colleges are part of Unisa, providing a wide range of excellent academic and professional programs.
Students may obtain certifications in any of the following departments:
- Accounting Sciences
- Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
- Economic and Management Sciences
- Graduate Studies
- Human Sciences
- Science, Engineering, and Technology
- Business Leadership
UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2023
UNISA is now inviting applications for the UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2023. The bursaries are open for all fields taught at UNISA for a postgraduate qualification.
The bursary for Master’s and PhD will help students with:
- Research and experimental research: UNISA will cover the full tuition fees and research essentials to R55000 for the first three years.
- Coursework: UNISA will cover full tuition fees and research essentials to R25000 for the first two years.
- Research: UNISA will cover full tuition fees and research essentials till R80000 for the first four years.
- Experimental Research: UNISA will cover full tuition fees and research essentials till R120000 for the first four years.
The following documents are essential to apply for the bursary. Failure to provide any of these documents will lead to the cancellation of applications.
- You must be a South African citizen or an international student. South African students will get preference (in an 80/20 ratio).
- Once your application is approved, you must be temporarily registered for your registration to be activated.
- Masters and doctoral research: by no later than January 31, 2023, you must have finished the Research Proposal module and have a supervisor’s assessment that recommends financial assistance based on academic performance.
- Students pursuing a master’s degree through coursework must have passed two courses by no later than January 31, 2023.
- Students pursuing a master’s degree through coursework must have completed all required modules by no later than January 31, 2023, be engaged in research, and have a supervisor report that recommends financial assistance based on academic achievement in the completed coursework modules.
- You cannot be a Master’s or PhD student in your first year.
- You cannot have a Masters of Business Administration or Master of Business Leadership registration.
- You must not enroll in special study programs, including non-degree-seeking programs and certificates like the PGCE.
- A postgraduate degree at the same or a higher NQF level than the qualification you are registering for is not acceptable.
- You cannot work at Unisa permanently.
How to Apply?
To apply for the UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2023, fill out the application by clicking here. Please submit your forms online. No hand delivery or postal delivery will be accepted.
- Before applying, candidates should read the UNISA Masters and Doctoral Bursary Guidelines, T&Cs (.pdf).
- UNISA will give scholarships only if your supervisor(s) submits a report on your satisfactory academic progress (Section C of the application form).
- For the first two, three, or four years of study, bursaries will be given out; beneficiaries must reapply each year; if the student continues to make sufficient academic progress, he/she will get the bursary for that year as well.
- The availability of cash will determine the recipients of bursaries. Between May 1 and May 7, 2023, you may submit an appeal with your justification and a supporting letter from your supervisor by emailing the Postgraduate Bursaries Administration at CGSemail@example.com.
- In case of insufficient funds or the applicant has been a bursary recipient for the entire period, UNISA won’t take appeals into account.
- UNISA will revoke the bursary if the recipient violates the scholarship terms or discontinues their studies.
The last date to apply for the bursary is 31 January 2023.
For further inquiries and questions, contact the following:
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/