Are you gearing up for your tertiary education? Then there is good news for you. Your dream university UniSA is now accepting online applications for the academic year 2022.
Before diving into other details, please note that the deadline to apply for the undergraduate and postgraduate programs is 15th October 2021.
UNISA Entry requirements:
We will be discussing the five steps involved in the admission procedure in detail shortly. But, let us review entry requirements for the UNISA first.
- A senior certificate with endorsement. It means you must have passed any four designated subjects with a 50% pass.
- You must have studied the prerequisite of the qualification to which you are applying.
- APS score between 20 and 24.
If you do not qualify for these requirements, try contacting UNISA career counselor firstname.lastname@example.org to explore other options.
Please note that you will not be guaranteed an offer by UNISA just because you comply with basic entry requirements.
UNISA Application Procedure:
UNISA is currently accepting applications from African students as well as international students.
If you plan to apply for undergraduate programs, this article will assist you in completing the UNISA online application 2022 successfully.
- Learn about ODel & UNISA:
It is necessary to get to know about a university’s study environment and teaching methods before enrolling.
Education at UNISA is not in a physical environment. Instead, it is entirely different from your previous study experience. Here you will get a new perspective of education called Open Distance e-Learning which allows you to study from a distance.
Your learning is not bound to the university campus premises. Conversely, you contact the university via digital forms. There are no lectures or classes you tend to attend. You are in charge of managing your time and studying.
UNISA offers help to those aspirants who have doubts regarding what career path to choose. They have a three-ingredient recipe for assisting students in selecting the best career for them. These include;
- Knowing yourself
- Researching and working on different opportunities
- Going for a qualification linked with your interest
Before filling the application, I strongly advise you to work through their provided activities to reaffirm your passion and seek additional opportunities.
Have you thoroughly researched your career interests? If yes, then it is time to get practical and choose the qualification to apply. After UNISA receives your qualification choice, they will evaluate your application and inform you of the results.
You can choose your qualification;
- By College
- By level
- By interest fields
Keep in mind that you must check if you meet the UNISA’s admission requirements or not before choosing the qualification.
For more information regarding courses offered, visit https://www.unisa.ac.za/sites/corporate/default/About/Facts-&-figures/Qualifications.
How to apply to UNISA?
The question “how to apply?” accompanies three more questions with itself.
Anyone who is preparing to start a new degree should apply.
The starting date for the admission process is 11th August 2021. And the deadline, as stated above, is 15th October 2021.
- What are the requirements to apply?
Make sure that you are eligible to apply for the qualification. Also, you have all the necessary documents and credentials ready for submission along with the application.
Have you sorted out all your queries? Now, let’s get down to the application filling process. The process is entirely online.
Step-by-step guide for application filling process:
Follow the instructions given below to complete your admission form.
- Click on apply now.
- Choose your level of qualification (undergraduate, postgraduate, research, or others)
- Then register yourself to receive your student number.
- Calculate your APS score.
- Choose qualifications. UNISA offers students two preferences for choosing desired qualifications. You should fill out both choices. But you will only get an offer for the preference for which you will qualify.
- Complete the remaining form simply by using your credentials and submit it.
Make sure you have entered all the information accurately. If any of your provided information is false, UNISA has the right to cancel your application right away.
Also, don’t forget to pay your application fee. Otherwise, your application will not get considered.
Things at which you must pay attention:
- You must have a valid email address and phone number.
- You must have all the scanned documents from your previous education (NSC, ID documents)
- Scanned documents must comply with the following rules;
- File size must not exceed 2 MB.
- Only black and white scanning is allowed
- File format should be PDF, DOC or TIF
You will have to upload all these things during the application filling process.
UNISA will get back to you with the feedback after assessing your application on the basis of the point score system.
- In case of acceptance, you will get the offer only after they have processed all the applications received by the deadline.
- In case of rejection, you will get feedback as soon as your application is processed.
Master’s degree and short learning programs:
As far as master’s and short learning programs are concerned, their application procedure is more or less the same as that of the undergraduate. However, their deadlines are different.
- The deadline for master’s qualifications is 12th November 2021.
- The deadline for short learning programs is 28th February 2022.
UNISA Fee Structure
Your study fee depends on different aspects.
- Qualification you choose
- Number of modules
Usually, students choose 4 and 6 modules per year. Its cost is between R1 743,00 and R6 722,00 per module.
Remember books costs are yet to get included.
Unisa is providing funding for deserving candidates to inspire students from all over the world. For this purpose, they have established a set of criteria.
Criteria for merit bursary
- You must have received a minimum of 75% in the previous year.
- Only South African UniSA students are eligible for this stipend.
- It covers tuition and textbooks.
- If funding is available, awards will be issued.
- If you applied for a bursary in 2020 once, you do not need to do it again; achieve 75% percent to continue your bursary.
From 4th January 2021 to 31st March 2021 was the time for application submission of the bursary.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long will it take for my Unisa online application to be processed?
You may have to wait for 6 to 8 weeks after the deadline for your application to be verified.
Q: Can I use NSFAS funding for UNISA?
Yes, but you must deal directly with NSFAS submitting a NSFAS Application.
Q: What should I do to switch my field as I have applied in one but want admission in another?
You must submit a written request in this case. But the decision will be made by UniSA based on the availability of free spaces in that qualification.
Q: Is it possible for me to get accepted into a non-degree program?
Along with your application, you must attach a copy of the paperwork stating the cause for your admittance to NDP.
If you need a bridge course, apply for a postgraduate qualification instead of an NDP. You will get the feedback in case of acceptance.
If there is another reason for your admission to NDP, upload the required motivation online before the application submission deadline.
Q: My previous education is from UNISA. Should I submit my previous academic records along with the application form?
Yes, you must submit your academic record, but you do not need to authenticate it because UNISA will verify it through the UNISA database. MyUNISA is where you can get your record.