About The University of South Africa (UNISA)
The University of South Africa is the longest-standing open distance education university globally. It is also one of Africa’s largest open-distance universities. The university offers the following courses to their students – short courses, three or four-year degrees, certificate programs and diplomas.
UNISA aims to be committed to the South African communities and the South African individuals. The university believes in giving back to South African communities, so UNISA’s Postgraduate Diploma and Honours Bursary 2022 was introduced.
The UNISA Postgraduate Diploma and Honours Bursary 2022
The UNISA Postgraduate Diploma and Honours Bursary 2022 aims to help UNISA alumni who are South African students with their tuition fees. This will enable them to register for their postgraduate education at UNISA that they have fully funded. The bursary is awarded to students doing their postgraduate diploma and honours programmes.
What is offered?
The UNISA Postgraduate Diploma and Honours Bursary 2022 covers only the tuition fee of the eligible students.
UNISA will partner with the CGS Postgraduate bursaries Administration and the Division of Student Funding (DSF) to decide on the amounts awarded to individual applicants. Their decision will be final.
Students with higher score averages in their undergraduate education will be given priority. The students on the lower side may or may not get the bursary amount depending on the availability of funds.
The applicants must satisfy the following criteria to be deemed eligible to be awarded the UNISA Postgraduate Diploma and Honours Bursary 2022:
- The applicant must have completed their undergraduate education at South Africa in UNISA.
- The applicants must have a minimum average of 60% on their undergraduate degree at UNISA. The awards will be given to the highest-scoring students first and then to the lowest.
- If the student cannot complete their undergraduate studies by 31 January 2022, they will not be eligible to apply.
- Applicants registering for special study programmes, be it certificate or non-degree programmes in 2022, are not eligible to apply.
- Students who have a postgraduate degree at the same level or a higher level are not eligible to apply for the bursary.
- Applicants must be temporarily registered with UNISA by 28 February 2022.
Other conditions from the bursary providers:
- The students awarded the bursary can only be funded for the first two years of study.
- The bursary will not cover any failed courses in the student’s postgraduate or honours degree.
- UNISA does not guarantee that the bursary amount will be awarded to every eligible applicant. It will depend on the availability of funds.
- Students are required to reapply for the bursary every year, and if they keep up their performance and satisfy all the conditions, they will be awarded the bursary.
- If a student does not comply with the conditions set by UNISA, their postgraduate diploma or honours bursary will be cancelled.
How to Apply?
You can download the application for the UNISA Postgraduate Diploma and Honours Bursary 2022 in pdf format from the official website or by clicking here.
The application must be filled in the PDF using Adobe Acrobat Reader and submitted online via myUnisa here.
Before submitting your application, it should be renamed according to this format – “Your student number_ PGD & HONOURS Bursary_Application Form_2022“. Any communication regarding your application status will only be via your myLife email account.
It is important to note that your application may be rejected due to any of the following reasons – the application form is not entirely filled, the application is in a hard copy form or sent to an email, and late applications.
The UNISA Postgraduate Diploma and Honours Bursary 2022 applications are open from 1 November 2021 to 31 January 2022 and will not be considered if submitted after the deadline.
An appeal for UNISA to reconsider your rejected application may be submitted from 1 April 2022 to 15 April 2022. The request has to be forwarded to CGSemail@example.com with the student’s motivation. UNISA would not accept the appeal if the student was rejected due to having insufficient funds for the bursary award.
If you have any further questions regarding the UNISA Postgraduate Diploma and Honours Bursary 2022, you may contact the bursary providers at:
- For questions about the application process, send an email to CGSfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions regarding the bursary awards or processing of bursary, claims send an email to DSF-POSTGRD@unisa.ac.za.
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://allbursaries.co.za/notice/
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on Facebook & follow us on @AllBursariesSA Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.