About the University of KwaZulu-Natal
The University of KwaZulu-Natal is the result of a merger between the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville. The university was established in 2004 and strives to be a premier South African university in fields like research, academic excellence, and serving the society.
The institution has five campuses in South Africa – Edgewood, Howard College, Medical School, Pietermaritzburg, and Westville. They also offer courses in various fields of study like humanities, agriculture, engineering, science, health sciences, law and management studies.
The University of KwaZulu-Natal Bursary 2022
The bursary is being offered to students who are a part of the University of KwaZulu-Natal for the academic year 2022 to 2023. It is only for students who require financial assistance and are not funded by other sources. The following colleges under the University of KwaZulu-Natal are offering the bursary:
- College of Humanities
- College of Agriculture, Engineering and Sciences (Pietermaritzburg, Howard, or Westville campus)
- College of Law & Management Studies (Pietermaritzburg or Westville campus)
- College of Health Science (Medical School, Howard College, or Westville campus)
The bursary programme provides financial assistance to students in the following areas:
- Registration Fees
- Tuition Fees
- Costs of the course relevant textbooks
- Accommodation Fees
The bursary amounts are received from sponsors, and hence the number of bursaries offered in a year and the amount provided per student is not specified. These factors will depend on how much the sponsors have donated.
Eligibility Criteria For The University of KwaZulu-Natal Bursary
Students who are able to satisfy the following requirements will be eligible to apply for the University of KwaZulu-Natal Bursary:
- The bursary applicants must be full-time students at the University of KwaZulu-Natal for the academic year 2022. It could either be students who are already registered or are intending to register in 2022.
- The students must be studying in one of the University of KwaZulu-Natal colleges listed above.
- The applicant must not already have funding from other public or private sector sources for 2022, or they must have no outstanding debt.
- The applicant must require financial assistance.
- The students overall family income per annum must not be higher than R350 000.
- The student applying must have achieved a minimum grade of 55%.
Kindly note that if you cannot satisfy the above requirements, your bursary application will not be accepted.
How to apply?
To apply for the bursary programme, download the UKZN Bursary Application Form 2022..doc
Once you have downloaded the application form, fill up all the required details and submit the form to one of the following email addresses depending on your college and field of study:
College of Agriculture, Engineering Sciences:
- Howard campus:
- Name: Ms. Linda Mdunge
- Email: Mdungel@ukzn.ac.za
- Westville campus:
- Name: Mr. Mbongiseni Mkhize
- Email: Mkhizemb@ukzn.ac.za
- Pietermaritzburg campus
- Name: Ms. Marcia Ntamote
- Email: NtamoteM@ukzn.ac.za
College of Humanities:
- Email for all campuses: CHUMBursaryApp@ukzn.ac.za
College of Law & Management Studies:
- Pietermaritzburg campus:
- Name: Mr Sandile Mngadi
- Email: Ndimandes1@ukzn.ac.za
- Westville campus:
- Name: Mrs. Merci Rajkumar
- Email: Rajkumarma@ukzn.ac.za
College of Health Science:
- Howard and Medical School campus:
- Name: Mr. Bongumusa Gumbi
- Email: Gumbib5@ukzn.ac.za
- Westville campus:
- Name: Mr. Jay Maharajh
- Email: Maharajhj1@ukzn.ac.za
The following documents must be submitted along with your application via email to one of the email addresses mentioned above:
- A certified copy of the students’ ID document.
- Certified ID documents of parents or guardians.
- Proof of income of parents or guardians:
- Latest payslips – if employed
- An affidavit – if unemployed
- SASSA confirmation – if receiving a grant
- Marriage certificate of parents or guardians – if they are married.
- In the case that parents are divorced, a divorce certificate is required.
- Death certificate in case a parent or guardian is deceased.
All of the documents that are being submitted must not be older than 3 months from the date of submission.
The last date of application is 1 February 2022. Ensure that you submit the application form and all the required documents before the closing date for your application to be considered.
In case you have any questions regarding the application process or the eligibility criteria for the bursary, kindly contact the bursary provider at:
Contact person: Nazo Nxumalo
Designation: Students’ Representative Council (SRC) Treasurer General
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/