UWC, or the University of the Western Cape, is a public university in Cape Town, South Africa. Founded in 1960, it’s one of the oldest and renowned in the region. Over the years, the students graduating from UWC have demonstrated excellence in multiple fields. The research-focused university has seven faculties and an intake capacity of 23,000+.
One of the faculties is the Faculty of Education. It offers several programmes to students at all levels. The fields covered by this faculty are higher education, adult education, teacher education, and vocational education. Students graduating from this faculty become the teachers of tomorrow.
UWC Faculty of Education Bursary 2022
The Faculty of Education at the University of Western Cape is offering financial assistance to students in need of it. The university understands that not all bright students have the resources to complete their education. Therefore, it will cover the cost on behalf of such students.
For the academic session 2022, the UWC Faculty of Education is offering bursaries to MEd (Master of Education) students. Students can be studying either full-time or part-time but must be in need of financial assistance.
The bursary will cover the entire tuition fees, which depend on the available funds.
Shortlisted candidates would have to sign an agreement, thereby agreeing to register for each year of study and complete their education. The faculty will specify other terms to the shortlisted candidates via email. If you do not receive any communication regarding this, consider your application unsuccessful.
Eligibility Criteria For The UWC Faculty of Education Bursary
To be selected for the bursary program, students must fulfill all of the eligibility criteria laid out by the Faculty of Education. Since there is a limited number of bursaries on offer and the number of applicants often outnumber them, the university can’t award everyone. Failing to meet any of the requirements will result in cancellation. Therefore, always cross-check before applying.
The eligibility requirements for UWC Faculty of Education Bursary 2022 are:
- Must be a South African citizen (permanent residents are also eligible to apply)
- Must have enrolled for the first year of MEd degree at UWC for academic session 2022
- Must hold a strong academic track record and future potential
- Must not be employed in UWC Work Study Programme (this includes tutors, teaching assistants, and student assistants)
- Must be in need of financial assistance with annual household income no more than R 350,000
- Must not be receiving aid from other bursary or scholarship programmes
This is a merit-based bursary programme. So the candidates with superior academic results will get preference over others. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further via email or telephone.
How to Apply For The UWC Faculty of Education Bursary?
If you fulfill all of the eligibility requirements, consider applying for the UWC Faculty of Education Bursary 2022. It’s a short process that requires you to send a few documents for verification purposes. There’s no application form required for this bursary. It’s important that you submit all the documents asked for the funding. Failing to do so will result in immediate cancellation.
- ID documents (certified copies only that are not older than three months)
- Proof of acceptance and admission at UWC for the academic session 2022
- Academic transcripts (copies only)
- Updated CV
- Proof of household income of parents/guardians (submit latest payslips, employment contracts if employed; income documents if self-employed; SASSA letter if receiving grants)
Send the scanned documents to the appropriate departmental administrators:
- Department of Educational Psychology – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Educational Studies – email@example.com
- Department of Language Education – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of School of Mathematics and Science Education – email@example.com
- Department of Institute for Post-school Studies – firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not send your application to multiple departments to avoid confusion.
Bursars will have to submit the following documents further:
- Proof of admission
- Proof of banking details (not older than three months)
Closing Date Of The UWC Faculty of Education Bursary
The UWC Faculty of Education Bursary is currently open, and the last date to apply for it is 3 December 2021 at 16:30 local time.
Submissions made after the deadline will not be considered. You’re encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For further details regarding the bursary programme, contact Acting Dean, Rajendran Govender, at:
- Telephone – 021 959 3888
- Email – email@example.com
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/