About the University of the Western Cape (UWC)
The UWC was established in 1960 and is a unique part of the South African higher education system. Its mission is to excel in education, research and innovation while remaining true to its values in service to the common good. At UWC, over 23,000 students study in seven faculties. The university employs 2400 academic, professional and support staff.
UWC’s international strategy focuses on the principles of reciprocity, equality, and respect, partnering with institutions for long-term, sustainable relationships. The goal is to create new knowledge and address global challenges.
UWC’s mission is to provide world-class education, promote cultural diversity, and meet the needs of society in creative and meaningful ways. With its history in the liberation struggle, the UWC plays a unique role in shaping a fair and dynamic society.
UWC Financial Assistance 2023
UWC Financial Assistance for 2023 is now available to South African citizens pursuing undergraduate or graduate studies. Only students with good academic records can apply for a UWC Bursary or other funding opportunities.
However, applying for financial assistance does not guarantee assistance. Depending on your financial situation, you may be asked to contribute to your fees according to the EFC (Expected Family Contribution) and the FA Means Test. Full-time enrolled students will be given priority for funding.
The applicants must satisfy the following requirements for applying.
- You must have enrolled in the college system for 2023.
- Only South African citizens may submit an application.
- The program prefers students who have enrolled for full-time.
- You should have enrolled in a recognized undergraduate and graduate program.
- The program provides preference to students with a good academic background.
How To Apply?
Go to the application website and sign up to follow the online application process.
- Make sure you are registered on the university system for 2023.
- Remove the leading zeros when entering your ID number.
Example: enter 0002173058184 as 2173058184
Example: enter 0033015064081 as 33015064081
- Provide the university with correct personal information.
- Make sure your contact information is correct in the university’s database.
- Upload all required documents for a complete application.
- Keep in mind that applications that are not complete won’t be taken into account.
- Know that misrepresentations, omissions, or false information will result in rejection.
- Avoid submitting forged documents or false information (fraud), as UWC will take action against this.
Applicants need to submit the following documents while submitting their applications.
- Provide current financial documents such as salary and pension statements.
- Make sure all documents are not older than 3 months from the date of submission.
- Certify all copies as true copies within 3 months from the date of submission.
The deadline for submissions is 31 March 2023. To prevent delays in the application process, kindly make sure you submit all the necessary documents prior to the deadline.
Need assistance with UWC Financial Aid 2023? Reach out to the Financial Aid Helpdesk by emailing email@example.com or calling +27 21 959 9753/2737 during office hours, 08:30-16:30. During the enrollment period, the office is open during extended hours.
The UWC Financial Aid office is located at the UWC Prefabs, behind the Student Administration Building. Following the submission of your application, the Financial Aid team will send you an email with the outcome.