UWC Online Applications for 2022 are currently open.
- UWC Online Applications will close on the 30 September 2021 (please note – MPsych degrees closed on 14 May 2021, and BA Dentistry and Oral Health, Honours Biokinetics and School of Government post-grad degrees closed on 31 August 2021)
- Applications must be completed online and (if necessary) any required supporting documents must be submitted by the closing date. All required documents must have been submitted via the online form before the application is accepted (emailed documents will not be accepted).
- There are NO application fees for online applications
How to complete the UWC Online Application 2022?
Students who plan to apply to UWC for the Academic Session 2022 should follow these steps. It is highly encouraged that people apply as soon as possible and make sure to apply to more than one school.
- Choose Your Course
- First choose the course that you would like to study.
- You can review all available UWC courses at https://www.uwc.ac.za/Pages/AllProgrammes.aspx
- Meet Minimum Entry Requirements
- Ensure that you meet the minimum UWC Entry Requirements for 2022.
- These are the minimum academic results required to gain entry to the university.
- At least a National Senior Certificate NSC Bachelor pass is required with an achievement rating of 4 or better in four subjects.
- UWC then uses a weighted points system for their degree and diploma programmes – more details on these can be found at UWC Entry Requirements.
- Please note that just meeting the minimum entry requirements does not guarantee you a place to study.
- Check Fees and Funding
- You should ensure that you have the necessary access to funds in order to pay for your further education.
- Complete the Online Application
- Fill out all the details on the UWC Online Application form
- Grade 12 applications – apply with end of Grade 11 results
- Acknowledgement of Application
- Once you have submit your application online. You will receive a letter via email from the university confirming your application.
- This email should also contain your Application number
- Upload your supporting documents
- You must upload all supporting documents at: http://studentdocumentupload.uwc.ac.za in order for your application to be accepted.
- Use your Application Number to login in and upload all required application documents
- For Grade 12 applications – No documents will need to be submitted at this stage. All the necessary information should be included on the online application form.
- Application Status and Offer to Study
- Applicants will notified of an outcome via email or they can check the status of their application on the UWC online services portal by going to ‘Application Status’
- Grade 12 applicants that are applying for admission will receive their final outcome once the final results are published in 2022.
- Those that are not Grade 12 applicants should obtain an outcome by end Nov 2021. If you are still waiting for your 2021 final results, you should receive final outcomes in January / February 2022.
UWC Fees and Funding
How much are the UWC fees?
You can view the average tuition fees for the different courses on the website here: https://www.uwc.ac.za/Pages/AllProgrammes.aspx These are the fees for the 2021 Academic year and are subject to change in 2022. You can also use the online quotations service to view costs for both tuition and residence fees, access the UWC quotes service at https://quote.uwc.ac.za/default.
Grade 12 Merit Awards
UWC offers a number of financial merit awards, these awards vary depending on the field of study and the number of applicants. All Grade 12 students that passed their NSC with either a Grade A or B aggregate are eligible to apply for the UWC merit award.
Student may also be able to receive funding National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS). In order to receive this financial aid you must apply directly with NSFAS as they are not processed by the University. You can find out more about the process here: NSFAS Application
UWC Online Application Process
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the deadline for the UWC online application 2022?
UWC Online Applications will close on the 30 September 2021 (please note – MPsych degrees closed on 14 May 2021, and BA Dentistry and Oral Health, Honours Biokinetics and School of Government post-grad degrees closed on 31 August 2021)
What are the Minimum Entry Requirements for UWC?
At least a National Senior Certificate NSC Bachelor pass is required with an achievement rating of 4 or better in four subjects.
What if I change my mind about the course I want to study?
If you change your mind about the area you would like to study, do not submit a new application. You should contact the University directly to see if you are able to change your chosen programme.
How do I get in touch with UWC?
There are a number of ways you can contact UWC:
Send a chat message via Facebook: @UWCFutureStudents
Send a DM via Instagram: @uwc_future_students