Operating as a National Lottery organization in South Africa, since 2015, ITHUBA Holdings is a privately owned company. The organization was founded by Zamani Equity Fund and its mission is to reinvigorate the National Lottery.
With the help of the efficient and ethical operation management of the National Lottery, ITHUBA aims to improve the socio-economic status of the country, sparking a spirit among key strategic partners, shareholders and staff.
Under the efficient management of a pragmatic team, the organization wills to uphold their values ie., spreading integrity, tenacity, humility, promoting unity, providing the best practices and achieving the excellence they strive for.
ITHUBA Bursary 2023
ITHUBA Holdings is awarding bursaries to students for the upcoming academic year in the following fields.
- Management Accounting & Finance
- Computer Engineering
- Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Software Development
- Communication Networks
ITHUBA Holdings aim to provide assistance to South African youth coming from disadvantaged backgrounds by awarding bursaries to support their tertiary studies in the fields of Information Technology and Commerce.
The bursary will provide full cover for accommodation, data allowance, laptop, meal allowance, personal care allowance, study manuals and books, and tuition fees.
Continuous emotional and psychological support will be provided to the selected bursary candidates. The candidate’s academic performance will be assessed and monitored continuously to ensure their optimal performance.
Other advantages of the bursary include personalized support programs, preparation for the workplace and developmental workshops to mentor and coach. Additional female orientation skills will be included as well.
Candidates have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria before applying for the bursary
- The candidate must be a South African citizen, aged between 17-23 years of age
- The applicant should have completed the Matric examination.
- The candidate must be studying or intending to study any of the fields mentioned by ITHUBA Holdings.
- The applying candidate must specialize in IT or Commerce field of study
- The applicant must be pursuing or intend to pursue the degree course in an accredited and recognized South African tertiary institution.
- The applying candidate must obtain a minimum overall of 70% or 70% for each subject in their latest examination result.
- Preference will be given to students coming from disadvantaged backgrounds or from a household whose total income does not exceed R350 000 per year.
- The candidate must have dedication towards their study and strive to maintain an impressive academic background.
- The values of the applicant should align with ITHUBA Holdings. The ideal candidate must be ambitious, diligent, enthusiastic and will be ready to serve back to the community.
How To Apply?
To apply for the ITHUBA bursary 2023, applicants need to apply online by filling out an online application form.
Upon reaching the application page, the candidates will have to create an account and then log in and apply.
Upon shortlisting, ITHUBA will conduct an interview to assess your candidature. However, if you don’t receive any feedback, please consider your application unsuccessful.
You have to submit the following documents to complete your application
- Certified copies of ID documents and Matric certificate
- If the applicant is studying, submission of the latest academic results or transcripts required
- Proof of acceptance in tertiary institution in South Africa on the institution’s letterhead
- Proof of privacy and residential accommodation, preferably on the institution’s letterhead
- Certified copies of ID documents of parents/ guardians
- Proof of income of parents/ guardians (if employed, employment letter or latest payslips; if an informal trader or unemployed, affidavit; if receiving a grant, then certified copy of SASAA letter)
- A motivational letter stating the reason for applying to the bursary programme.
The closing date for the ITHUBA bursary 2023 is 7 November 2022.
To receive any information related to the bursary, candidates should contact
Tel: 011 346 600 / 0800 484 822 (National Lottery Call Center)
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here: http://allbursaries.co.za/notice/